Likes Likes:  152
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 76

Thread: Watches stuck on your wish list?

  1. #1

    Watches stuck on your wish list?

    I really don't have a list of watches that I would like to get. I'm much too impulsive a buyer. However, there are a few that I have lusted over for a long time and want to buy, but I never seem to pull the trigger on them. I don't know if it is because I fear that once I actually get them I will lose interest in learning about new watches, or if I just want to always have a goal in mind.

    Here are a few of my perennial wish listed watches:

    The MIH watch. Chronograh. Annual calendar. And minimalist looks. It's even titanium. I've wanted it since the moment I discovered it and yet it is still on my wish list.

    MIH-Watch.jpg


    Grand Seiko Snowflake. Cool movement. Gorgeous dial. Titanium that looks incredible. I think part of my hesitation is that I've never seen this model in person, but I love it and want it. Bad.

    snowflake-18.jpg

    There are others, but those have been on my wish list the longest.

    What watches are stuck on your list of desires and why are they stuck on your list and not on your wrist?

  2. #2
    El bot. geoffbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    West Sussex, UK
    Posts
    18,677
    Rolex sub, against my better judgement. Haven't bought it cos I can't afford it and it need to buy a motorbike, and a car. That's about it really.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

  3. #3
    Come to the Midwest, I'll show you a Snowflake. But that will just cause you to want it even more.

    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    I really don't have a list of watches that I would like to get. I'm much too impulsive a buyer. However, there are a few that I have lusted over for a long time and want to buy, but I never seem to pull the trigger on them. I don't know if it is because I fear that once I actually get them I will lose interest in learning about new watches, or if I just want to always have a goal in mind.

    Here are a few of my perennial wish listed watches:

    The MIH watch. Chronograh. Annual calendar. And minimalist looks. It's even titanium. I've wanted it since the moment I discovered it and yet it is still on my wish list.

    MIH-Watch.jpg


    Grand Seiko Snowflake. Cool movement. Gorgeous dial. Titanium that looks incredible. I think part of my hesitation is that I've never seen this model in person, but I love it and want it. Bad.

    snowflake-18.jpg

    There are others, but those have been on my wish list the longest.

    What watches are stuck on your list of desires and why are they stuck on your list and not on your wrist?

  4. Likes JAGtime liked this post
  5. #4
    AP Royal Oak, silver dial. Maybe next year, although I'd kind of like a second nice dress watch, in white gold, to complement the VC. At that price range I have a strict limit of one per year. (I know, hardly a "problem", and I'm not saying it is.)

  6. #5
    El bot. geoffbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    West Sussex, UK
    Posts
    18,677
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    AP Royal Oak,
    This too of course - that's a grail for me though.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

  7. Likes mlcor, FuzzyB liked this post
  8. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    This too of course - that's a grail for me though.
    I know--I keep holding off, only because I don't want you to get upset.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. Likes geoffbot liked this post
  10. #7
    Here's a few of mine..But lots on my list as well

    Pam512



    Longines Heritage 1973 Chronograph

    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....


    William

    Member#842

  11. Likes Nokie, FuzzyB, iyonk, JAGtime, wschofield3, dbakiva liked this post
  12. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Rolex sub, against my better judgement. Haven't bought it cos I can't afford it and it need to buy a motorbike, and a car. That's about it really.
    It's a shame when necessities get in the way of desires. I catch myself thinking of my kid's tuition in terms of watches. It's been a Sub and Daytona year.

  13. Likes geoffbot, Colin liked this post
  14. #9
    The Dude Abides Nokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    3,516
    Working on a Rolex Daytona.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

  15. Likes FuzzyB, geoffbot liked this post
  16. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Come to the Midwest, I'll show you a Snowflake. But that will just cause you to want it even more.
    I'm long overdue for a trip to the Midwest. I've always loved visiting Chicago. It's probably a good thing I haven't seen one in person. I'm hoping to visit the new Seiko boutique they opened in NYC one of these days.

  17. Likes mlcor liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are an independent and wide-ranging forum for watch enthusiasts. From mainspring to microchip, from Europe to Asia, from micro-brand to boutique - we cover it all. Novice or expert, we want you to feel at home. Whether it's asking a simple question or contributing to the fund of horological knowledge, it's all the same hobby. Or, if you like, you can just show us a picture of your new watch. We'll provide the welcoming and courteous environment, the rest is up to you!
Join us