Likes Likes:  152
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watches stuck on your wish list?

Watches stuck on your wish list?

I really don't have a list of watches that I would like to get. I'm much too impulsive a buyer. However, there are a few that I have lusted over for a long time and want to buy, but I never seem to pull the trigger on them. I don't know if it is because I fear that once I actually get them I will lose interest in learning about new watches, or if I just want to always have a goal in mind.

Here are a few of my perennial wish listed watches:

The MIH watch. Chronograh. Annual calendar. And minimalist looks. It's even titanium. I've wanted it since the moment I discovered it and yet it is still on my wish list.

Name:  MIH-Watch.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  55.2 KB

Grand Seiko Snowflake. Cool movement. Gorgeous dial. Titanium that looks incredible. I think part of my hesitation is that I've never seen this model in person, but I love it and want it. Bad.

Name:  snowflake-18.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  63.5 KB

There are others, but those have been on my wish list the longest.

What watches are stuck on your list of desires and why are they stuck on your list and not on your wrist?

Rolex sub, against my better judgement. Haven't bought it cos I can't afford it and it need to buy a motorbike, and a car. That's about it really.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Come to the Midwest, I'll show you a Snowflake. But that will just cause you to want it even more.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    I really don't have a list of watches that I would like to get. I'm much too impulsive a buyer. However, there are a few that I have lusted over for a long time and want to buy, but I never seem to pull the trigger on them. I don't know if it is because I fear that once I actually get them I will lose interest in learning about new watches, or if I just want to always have a goal in mind.

Here are a few of my perennial wish listed watches:

The MIH watch. Chronograh. Annual calendar. And minimalist looks. It's even titanium. I've wanted it since the moment I discovered it and yet it is still on my wish list.

Name:  MIH-Watch.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  55.2 KB

Grand Seiko Snowflake. Cool movement. Gorgeous dial. Titanium that looks incredible. I think part of my hesitation is that I've never seen this model in person, but I love it and want it. Bad.

Name:  snowflake-18.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  63.5 KB

There are others, but those have been on my wish list the longest.

What watches are stuck on your list of desires and why are they stuck on your list and not on your wrist?

4. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    AP Royal Oak, silver dial. Maybe next year, although I'd kind of like a second nice dress watch, in white gold, to complement the VC. At that price range I have a strict limit of one per year. (I know, hardly a "problem", and I'm not saying it is.)

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    AP Royal Oak,
    This too of course - that's a grail for me though.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

7. Likes mlcor, FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    This too of course - that's a grail for me though.
    I know--I keep holding off, only because I don't want you to get upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Here's a few of mine..But lots on my list as well

Pam512

Longines Heritage 1973 Chronograph

People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

11. Likes Nokie, FuzzyB, iyonk, JAGtime, wschofield3, dbakiva liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Rolex sub, against my better judgement. Haven't bought it cos I can't afford it and it need to buy a motorbike, and a car. That's about it really.
    It's a shame when necessities get in the way of desires. I catch myself thinking of my kid's tuition in terms of watches. It's been a Sub and Daytona year.

13. Likes geoffbot, Colin liked this post
    Working on a Rolex Daytona.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

15. Likes FuzzyB, geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Come to the Midwest, I'll show you a Snowflake. But that will just cause you to want it even more.
    I'm long overdue for a trip to the Midwest. I've always loved visiting Chicago. It's probably a good thing I haven't seen one in person. I'm hoping to visit the new Seiko boutique they opened in NYC one of these days.

17. Likes mlcor liked this post