Likes Likes:  213
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Giveaway #1 - Captions

Giveaway #1 - Captions

As the winner of a couple giveaways and the recipient of many kind messages and gestures here at IWL, it's time to give a little back to this amazing community. I am holding two giveaways: one for watches and one for straps. I have too many of both and would like to see them go to new homes where they will be appreciated like they should.

First, the watch giveaway. The rules are pretty simple for this one. Find a photo posted somewhere on IWL and create a caption for it. The ones that make me laugh the most win a watch. Simple enough.

Since this may require some digging around, I'll give everyone 2 weeks (entries must be submitted by midnight on May 17th based on you local time) to come up with their entries. Enter as often as you'd like but only one watch per person. You can still win a strap in the other giveaway, which I will post soon.

If enough entries are received, I'll add more watches to give away.

The watches up for grabs include:

This lovely little Raketa, which is NOS and comes with instructions. I'll try to find a strap to match, but no guarantees on that.

Swatch Automatic.

Luch with the fun little 2209 movement

This Chinese number I picked up for fun. This will come with a second watch with the jumping crazy hour movement. These are still in their original packing. I bought them to play around with but never got around to it.

Winners will be picked in the order that makes me laugh the hardest and I will go down the list of winners to pick their prize.

To get the creative juices flowing, here's a picture I posted recently.

Thinking to myself: "Thank God this picture will never see the light of day!"

I know you can all do better than that, so find a picture and make me laugh!
    Last edited by FuzzyB; May 3, 2015 at 02:17 PM.

IWL... Forum where the members proud of their watches... and 'fascinating' legs.

i want to add geoff's leg, but keep on pass-out everytime i see it...

I'll help you out there mate - no probs
    -geoffbot

edit: i'll add another picture to prove the 'leg proud' members hehehe

and the true fascinating one from the "adventure is out there!' lady of the forum =)
    Last edited by iyonk; May 4, 2015 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Added pic
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

nice idea mate will have to have a nose around later and see
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Well, the Minorva made me laugh. What a great knock-off name.

5. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    That is a really generous and thoughtful giveaway idea, Brian. A nice gesture, indeed!

Jane

7. Likes popoki nui, FuzzyB liked this post
    loving the swatch auto looks better then the sys 51 they did lol and nice luch don't you just love a 2209 movement what's in the raketa a 2614 ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

9. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Nice giveaway, Brian! Good luck to all those who enter!

~S.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

11. Likes FuzzyB, iyonk liked this post
    Approaching the Bishop of Sheffield and enquiring in my strong glaswegian accent "Here mate, can ah hing ma watch on yer hookie hing? Its tae git a photie fur mah mates on a watch forum.

Aye son, batter in.
    Last edited by Fox Covert; May 4, 2015 at 01:59 AM.

This is going to be a fun thread....
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

14. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    loving the swatch auto looks better then the sys 51 they did lol and nice luch don't you just love a 2209 movement what's in the raketa a 2614 ?
    I'll take a peak under the hood and update the thread with a photo of the movement.

I don't know what it is about the 2209 and it's over abundance of wheels that makes me smile every time I see it.

16. Likes is that my watch, Der Amf liked this post