Likes Likes:  103
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What things (which don't justify a thread of their own) have you got in the mail?

What things (which don't justify a thread of their own) have you got in the mail?

(or have just received!)

I've just received these 5 luvverly straps from Cheapest Nato Straps.
    Orange perlon for my club
    Camo Nato for my SKX013
    Leather Nato for my Alpinist
    2x perlons for my Explorer and Archimede
    Last edited by whatmeworry; Apr 21, 2015 at 06:55 PM.

Those are really nice straps, Olly. Wear them in good health. I have some incoming NATOs (RAF style) from the NATO Strap Co. I almost ordered two perlon straps from Cheapest Nato Straps, but ordered these others instead. I also just received two new leather straps to welcome my Oris home...someday soon, I hope. So, thanks very much for sharing. It is definitely worth a thread.

Jane
    Last edited by JAGtime; Apr 21, 2015 at 06:57 PM.

3. Likes is that my watch, gnuyork, iyonk, KingK liked this post
    My cat, who went missing for 8 1/2 months, got herself arrested by local authorities and returned to me. Only cost about $200 plus a visit to the vet. Sorry, but there's no apparent watch connection.
    Updated after some divestment:

Glashütte Original Senator Hand Date (GONE) | Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow (GONE - turns out I don’t much care for chronographs) | Omega Seamaster 300 GMT "Great White" | Rolex Datejust 16013 | Ulysse Nardin 14K chronometre (c. 1960s) | Marathon TSAR | Meistersinger Metris | Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by dbakiva View Post
    My cat, who went missing for 8 1/2 months, got herself arrested by local authorities and returned to me. Only cost about $200 plus a visit to the vet. Sorry, but there's no apparent watch connection.
    Wow, dbakiva! Glad to hear your cat is now home, safe and sound.

Jane

6. Likes dbakiva liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by dbakiva View Post
    True, no watch connection, but it beats the hell out of my straps

8. Likes is that my watch, dbakiva liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGtime View Post
    Those are really nice straps, Olly. Wear them in good health. I have some incoming NATOs (RAF style) from the NATO Strap Co. I almost ordered two perlon straps from Cheapest Nato Straps, but ordered these others instead. I also just received two new leather straps to welcome my Oris home...someday soon, I hope. So, thanks very much for sharing. It is definitely worth a thread.

Jane
    Thanks Jane, can't wait to see your Oris on a leather Nato!

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Thanks Jane, can't wait to see your Oris on a leather Nato!
    Thanks, Olly. The leather straps for the ORIS are not NATOs. I cannot find NATOs at 14 mm, but would love to have NATOs for the Oris if I could find them.

11. Likes CFR liked this post
    You could use one of the straps as a cat collar to tie this thread together.......
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

13. Likes JAGtime, shemp liked this post
    Bills mostly
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

15. Likes Colin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGtime View Post
    Thanks, Olly. The leather straps for the ORIS are not NATOs. I cannot find NATOs at 14 mm, but would love to have NATOs for the Oris if I could find them.
    could you not buy a bund and use the strap off that you can get them in 12 mm 14mm 16mm here is some of my smallest watches on one but you don't need to use the collar
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

17. Likes JAGtime liked this post