Likes Likes:  56
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: The End of Privacy

Wei sounds good.

The other browsers' objections seems to be about Google not trusting their browsers thus causing a monopoly. Which is inherently bad, but not as bad as bots. I use chrome.
    Last edited by geoffbot; Aug 3, 2023 at 04:05 PM.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Wei sounds good.

The other browsers' objections seems to be about Google not trusting their browsers thus causing a monopoly. Which is inherently bad, but not as bad as bots. I use chrome.
    As a user, I want to be free to use a calculator with a home-developed browser on it to access a website if I'm technically able to do that, and it shouldn't be anyone's business. So the objections of the smaller browser vendors are voiced in the interest of users, too, actually.

(As a curiosity, my Kobo ebook reader has a web browser as a beta feature. Watching movies on an e-ink device? Not really. Emergency browsing? Absolutely, I've done that!)

Bots aren't a problem for users, they're a problem for data traders, from behemoths like Google down to the bottom of the food chain, who in turn deliberately make them a user problem (vide the aggressive blocking of VPNs).

That's nice
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

The Guardian: Norway to fine Meta $98,500 a day over user privacy breach from 14 August

BTW, why is The Guardian giving the equivalent of crowns in US dollars rather than euro or sterling?

11. Likes skywatch liked this post