Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: **** Whats our take on this ****

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    whats are take on this no movement shot provide shame that

Looks to be pin set, and if so, that would pre-date the alarm feature. As well, there looks to be a contact point at the 8:30 point, which if true, means battery powered?

well you can buy them from china now for a fiver I had a few a ways back that was similar won them as jackpot prize on the fruit back aways to be honest so could have a little age if being kind of ten to fifteen years but doubt it that one look just of the boat let me see if I can find one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Antique-V...d43ece65d69373
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    Looks to be pin set, and if so, that would pre-date the alarm feature. As well, there looks to be a contact point at the 8:30 point, which if true, means battery powered?
    yeah I could not make it out as you say pin and lever look to it so was not sure they did an alarm in that time to be fair would not know when they started to do alarms know the cricket and Russian was happening in the 50's / 60's but not sure when before that ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    yeah I could not make it out as you say pin and lever look to it so was not sure they did an alarm in that time to be fair would not know when they started to do alarms know the cricket and Russian was happening in the 50's / 60's but not sure when before that ?
    Well, the alarm hand looks newer and is not of the same style.

But here is the real kicker. An alarm watch/clock/etc is supposed to have two barrels, one for the alarm and one for the time. On some wristwatches, they had two crowns. On the Cricket, I believe the crown wound one way for time and the other for alarm, whereas the pusher at two was to turn on/off the alarm.

Doesn't the watch in the picture have only one winding key hole?

Well, the alarm hand looks newer and is not of the same style.

But here is the real kicker. An alarm watch/clock/etc is supposed to have two barrels, one for the alarm and one for the time. On some wristwatches, they had two crowns. On the Cricket, I believe the crown wound one way for time and the other for alarm, whereas the pusher at two was to turn on/off the alarm.

Doesn't the watch in the picture have only one winding key hole?
    well to the alarm side got a 50's alarm a couple of 70's alarm and one 80's I keep the 80's mech one and a gold plated 50's / 60's one will add pic's of them ... they all had two barrels as you say one to charge the watch one to use as an alarm . and not sure how they could do it off one barrel but in the pic does look like their is a button on both sides of the crown to work two leavers possible . just trying to find the listing again think their was two key holes but took that for winding and setting .

some times the alarm hand is different to the others so it is easy discernible but with very early pocket watches am a bit of a lost if pin and barrel think what 1900's ? so just not sure
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Blog Entries
    I am not good at the translating part, but without a shot of the movement, you’d be lucky if I parted with more than 10 euros...The dust cover should come off with gentle prying. Either they are lazy or are hiding something.

I am not good at the translating part, but without a shot of the movement, you’d be lucky if I parted with more than 10 euros...The dust cover should come off with gentle prying. Either they are lazy or are hiding something.
    yes was my take on it too if working might have made an offer was tempted to ask for a movement shot as you say should be easy to open the dust cover if they have managed the back
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

like this great movement .

but how likely is it that I would break the minute hand straightening it . as to me it's bent and it would bug me knowing this ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Blog Entries
    One would think that replacing hands are easy, but they can be vexing. I had a minute hand that I needed for a older UN movement. Even with compression, I could not get it to hang on reliably. may need to cut a slot into it so it can be squeezed tighter.