Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **** Does a demagnetiser do the same job as a line release quartz tester ****

**** Does a demagnetiser do the same job as a line release quartz tester ****

So I had bought a multi tool it was a quartz watch tester 4 in 1 . well was faulty so had to return it I bought it mainly for the line release tester part I have a cell battery tester already the other couple of features was a bonus I was probably not going to use often . so I had to return it so was looking at other ones .

As do I need all the other features possibly then again possibly not so I could buy just a line release tool for about half what the other cost ,
    so is that a better option ? .

Also I reading that a demagnetiser does the same as it create's a magnetic field that cause the stepping motor to spin same as the line release does .

So do you members have one and if so which did you use and how successful are they ?

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

so guessing no one has this model ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

According to their website: Red Rooster UK, the unit does include a demagnetizer.

The Amazon reviews aren't very positive. A big problem seems to be the terrible instruction guide.

Quote Originally Posted by boatme99 View Post
    According to their website: Red Rooster UK, the unit does include a demagnetizer.

The Amazon reviews aren't very positive. A big problem seems to be the terrible instruction guide.
    yes but the instruction don't mention it and the unit is a 4 in 1 if the demag if their it would be five in one . had to return mine as a fault with the sensor tester ,

I am wondering if they are calling the line release both a line release and demag as they both cause a magnetic field ? but if you look on amazon and other sites when they describe it they make no mention of a demag plus when I question redrooster they just never came back to me on that part of the complaint they just blanked me on it .

yes and instruction for these units are bad in most of them take this one looks the same but they call it a demag but no line release

all i want really is something that will jump start old quartz watches and make sure the cogs are running free
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

5. Likes boatme99 liked this post
    looking at the one above it could read that depending on speed it would do both jobs maybe ? or am I reading it wrong ?

Features:
    1. Watch demagnetizer is the use of alternating power supply to produce alternating magnetic field, to the mechanical table gossamer for demagnetization to reduce the time error and increase service life.
    2. The speed of demagnetization is adjustable, which is more practical in use.
    3. With quartz tester function to detecte the situation of quartz movement.
    4. With battery tester to detecte the battery remaining capacity for you to change battery in time.
    5. Brand new battery tester to batteries without even opening the watch case with the help of pulse test.
    6. Multi functional and necessary tools for watchmakers and watch repairing workers.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Is your question does a demag tool act as a line tester and make the movement work faster? Maybe some one can test that on an older cheap quartz watch. I'm not comfortable trying it on my GS quartz.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Is your question does a demag tool act as a line tester and make the movement work faster? Maybe some one can test that on an older cheap quartz watch. I'm not comfortable trying it on my GS quartz.
    yes what I have read so far they both cause magnetic fields and in mech's it removes charge from magnetised items but in quartz it cause the stepper motor to step so that in turns makes the cog turn which is what the line release does from what I read ?

well bought one these they was half the price of the other so if they do both jobs great if it is only a demag then paid the going rate for a combine battery tester / pulse sensor and demag so yeah got a candidate to risk on seeing a seiko SQ quartz's that ant going so got nothing to lose in trying it

Last edited by is that my watch; Aug 1, 2019 at 04:07 PM.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Please let us know if it works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Cheers,

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Please let us know if it works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    just waiting on the unit so could be a month with the post but will do

did think we would have members up on this thou but guess not
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    just waiting on the unit so could be a month with the post but will do

did think we would have members up on this thou but guess not
    I found an old POS quartz watch with no brand in my wifes old non worn watch box. I found a battery that fit and got it going. The demag did not make it run any faster.
    Cheers,

Michael