Likes Likes:  38
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What other divers in this class

What other divers in this class

I am thinking that at some future point I'd like to get a higher end, not overly sized, "dress" diver.

On my short list are:
    1 -- Blancpain Fifty Fathoms
    2 -- Chopard Pro One
    3 -- Glashutte Original Sport Evolution

Is there something else in this class? JLC I already have so that is not under consideration. Rolex and Omega are not to the quality of these though the Deepsea Dweller is a great looking watch and is remotely under consideration.

Is there anything else?

If it's anything like the regular Calibre de Cartier is must be good. One of my favourite watches.

3. Likes tempocalypse, -JP, OrangeSport liked this post
    Can't suggest anything other than the Fifty Fathoms line. Been extremely pleased with mine, which makes it even harder to let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Can't suggest anything other than the Fifty Fathoms line. Been extremely pleased with mine, which makes it even harder to let it go.

Are you selling it? Madness !!

You already have the JLC Deep Sea? Its what i would go for- stunning watch.If thats the case, i'd be looking at the Fifty Fathoms.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

That Cartier looks amazing!

The fifty fathoms at 45mm does seem overly sized to me? Unless you mean the FF Bathyscaphe?
    Instagram: @tempocalypse

PP Nautilus? AP RO(O)?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

What other divers in this class

The obvious choice to me is the original dress divers the Panerai Radiomir and the AP RO. I actually liked the Corum Admiral Tides 48 I had. The GP Seahawk and the UN MM are pretty dressy depending on color.

The GO has be discontinued over two years now. I would disagree that the Rolex and Omega are not equal in quality and the panel of noted watch markers in that video last year from Basel would support the Rolex position. My Omega 300 M MC is better made than the JLC mentioned. I use mine in TT form as my dress watch. I can never argue against the classic BP 50F in the standard form. Even the composite strap looks classy.
    Last edited by Samanator; May 5, 2015 at 12:27 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

10. Likes tempocalypse liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Will you be selling yours? I've not yet been forced to sell, but I have made a couple bad decisions on what to sell, and missed the watch badly afterwards. I was most sorry to let my orange dialed Armida superdome go. Loved wearing that. Don't know why I sold that one.

Some good ideas here. Had not thought of the Cartier - an interesting suggestion. No one mentioned Seiko, but they do nothing for me anyway. ROO - I've been there, doesn't really interest me for some reason. Panerai, hmmm, never think about that brand. I do like the Luminor Submersible 00194, but do not care for skeleton hands on a field watch.