Likes Likes:  157
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: **** WRUW, Tuesday, July 30th, 2019? ****

Hybrid View

**** WRUW, Tuesday, July 30th, 2019? ****

Back to the watch I've purchased three times ....

Name:  Ball x lume blue 2.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  55.8 KB

If you've never owned a Ball watch, check one out, they are built like a tank.
    Last edited by wschofield3; Jul 30, 2019 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Name:  BILD4005.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  80.7 KB

There’s some good watches today, but that’s caught my eye more than anything.

4. Likes Strela167 liked this post
    Good morning IWL - Speedbird III thing with PRS1 dial

Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Morning all,
    Bidynator today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    Bidynator
    Where does that name originate from ? Do you know Pip ?
    Is it something related to the movement?

It sounds like something you’d find in an american bathroom
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

8. Likes boatme99, Pip liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post

I am not sure what the name means but it is a Felsa movement. It was a very early automatic movement, maybe mid WW II, and distinct enough that if I recall correctly it had it's own patent.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

10. Likes Seriously, JAGtime, Pip liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post

From watch-wiki.net - although it'll probably feature soon in @tribe125 great thread, Five Things. Mine is a Felsa 690. I had to purchase a Bidynator for my watchmaking school first year classes, and as luck would have it I got a pretty decent one for a good price. My watchmaker tutor always claimed that a good Bidynator ranked up there with an early Rolex in terms of quality. I have my doubts as to that claim, but it is certainly a good movement.

Bidynator
    was a brand name for a series of automatic watch movements produced by Felsa from 1942 through the 1960's. It was the first successful movement with bi-directional winding.

Felsa became an innovator in the 1930s with designer Friedrich Meyer, who patented an automatic winding mechanism in 1942. A bi-directional winding mechanism was patented in 1947 by Meyer. Because of Felsa's successful bi-directional automatic winding system, they were allowed to specialize in automatic movements by the cartel of Swiss movement makers, Ebauches SA, along with ETA and A. Schild.
    Felsa introduced their first automatic movement with bi-directional winding in 1942. Cal. 410, and the associated ladies model, Cal. 380, were revolutionary but World War II interrupted production and development. Cal. 410 was only produced for a short while before the more-refined Cal. 690 was introduced in 1947 to replace it. These movements were very similar, with many interchangeable parts, but the new series had a longer power reserve (43 rather than 32 hours) and were produced in much greater volume.
    Last edited by Pip; Jul 30, 2019 at 10:44 PM.

12. Likes Henry Krinkle, Seriously, Fantasio liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    From watch-wiki.net - although it'll probably feature soon in @tribe125 great thread, Five Things. Mine is a Felsa 690. I had to purchase a Bidynator for my watchmaking school first year classes, and as luck would have it I got a pretty decent one for a good price. My watchmaker tutor always claimed that a good Bidynator ranked up there with an early Rolex in terms of quality. I have my doubts as to that claim, but it is certainly a good movement.

Bidynator
    was a brand name for a series of automatic watch movements produced by Felsa from 1942 through the 1960's. It was the first successful movement with bi-directional winding.

Felsa became an innovator in the 1930s with designer Friedrich Meyer, who patented an automatic winding mechanism in 1942. A bi-directional winding mechanism was patented in 1947 by Meyer. Because of Felsa's successful bi-directional automatic winding system, they were allowed to specialize in automatic movements by the cartel of Swiss movement makers, Ebauches SA, along with ETA and A. Schild.
    Felsa introduced their first automatic movement with bi-directional winding in 1942. Cal. 410, and the associated ladies model, Cal. 380, were revolutionary but World War II interrupted production and development. Cal. 410 was only produced for a short while before the more-refined Cal. 690 was introduced in 1947 to replace it. These movements were very similar, with many interchangeable parts, but the new series had a longer power reserve (43 rather than 32 hours) and were produced in much greater volume.
    Nice - thanks
    Makes perfect sense as soon as you here the bi-direction thing - I couldn't grasp why until then.
    Watches for SALE:

14. Likes Pip liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Details...
    Dan's first and biggest home run.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Unfortunately plumbing is in my immediate future. Tool watch. I corrected the date when I noticed it...
    Very nice shot.

16. Likes Henry Krinkle, CFR liked this post