The story in a second: Ultra thin and out of this world, we have to be talking about the*Piaget Altiplano Automatic 40mm with meteorite dial. Piaget's Altiplano is a staple in the world of ultra-thin watches, with an elegance that matches its slenderness. This limited edition version dials (if you'll pardon the pun) the elegance up to 11, with a unique meteorite dial that adds a level of flash and panache that's hard for a 'normal' dial to match.*We had the chance to have a closer look at our recent Piaget event, and these are our thoughts …* The case This should come as no surprise — this watch is thin. How thin, I hear you all ask, simultaneously? Well, how does 6.5mm sound? I don't know about you, but it certainly sounds slender to me. This degree of thinness is largely down to the fact that the dial and movement don't take up much space — more on that later —*but the design of the 40mm rose gold case is simple, with straight lines and a broad polished bezel that only goes to accentuate the lack of height.* The dial* The simple case also serves to accentuate the dial,…

The post IN-DEPTH: The Piaget Altiplano Automatic 40mm with meteorite dial* appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...