The story in a second: Ultra thin and out of this world, we have to be talking about the*Piaget Altiplano Automatic 40mm with meteorite dial. Piaget's Altiplano is a staple in the world of ultra-thin watches, with an elegance that matches its slenderness. This limited edition version dials (if you'll pardon the pun) the elegance up to 11, with a unique meteorite dial that adds a level of flash and panache that's hard for a 'normal' dial to match.*We had the chance to have a closer look at our recent Piaget event, and these are our thoughts …* The case This should come as no surprise this watch is thin. How thin, I hear you all ask, simultaneously? Well, how does 6.5mm sound? I don't know about you, but it certainly sounds slender to me. This degree of thinness is largely down to the fact that the dial and movement don't take up much space more on that later *but the design of the 40mm rose gold case is simple, with straight lines and a broad polished bezel that only goes to accentuate the lack of height.* The dial* The simple case also serves to accentuate the dial,…

The post IN-DEPTH: The Piaget Altiplano Automatic 40mm with meteorite dial* appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...