Likes Likes:  213
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Not in a while....

Not in a while....

The premise is simple:

Watches that you haven't worn recently - not in a while in fact

(Gotta be say... more than a month since you wore it all day)

Dig the watch out, wear it and give it some love for the day and take new photo's - it'll love you for it.
    I can't see any instant responses from this as they need to be new photo's , but give it a go.

My first for an example is this Dugena Gamma 3 using a NOS Bulova 11ANAC movement, last worn possibly 4 months ago! - poor little thing.
    .....Anyway it's on for the day.

Name:  dugenafront.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  71.5 KB

Name:  dugenaback.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  96.4 KB

I have a major dilemma in that I have a number of watches that don't get much wear any more.
    The problem is that, as a Rado collector, I consider these watches as essential to my collection.
    I will start to dig them out and post them here in the coming days.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

3. Likes Seriously, iyonk, popoki nui, rfortson liked this post
    i have not wear this ultra affordable with seiko epson movement for a while..
    Name:  DSCN2984.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  47.6 KB

I stopped wearing this about a year ago, when it stopped keeping remotely good time (worse than all my mechanicals) and replaced it with my orange swatch. It's 19mm spring bars are now being useful in my grey dialled Seiko. It was a present fifteen years ago so it's nice having it hanging around

There's nothing in what I regard as my collection that hasn't been worn in a while, because I usually get rid of watches once I don't want to wear them regularly.
    Last edited by Der Amf; May 5, 2015 at 06:05 PM.

6. Likes iyonk, JAGtime, popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    The premise is simple:

Watches that you haven't worn recently - not in a while in fact

(Gotta be say... more than a month since you wore it all day)

Dig the watch out, wear it and give it some love for the day and take new photo's - it'll love you for it.
    I can't see any instant responses from this as they need to be new photo's , but give it a go.

really good idea for a thread. will put on a seldom worn watch tomorrow

8. Likes Seriously liked this post

10. Likes bu11itt, Der Amf, popoki nui, tempocalypse liked this post
    over 2-3 months since wearing any of these.

People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

12. Likes iyonk, JAGtime, Seriously liked this post
    This one also never get anymore wrist time... turn out that retrogate is not my thing. gonna give it to my old friend when i met him..

Name:  DSCN2271.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  58.6 KB

14. Likes JAGtime, popoki nui, scottjc liked this post
    Doesn't necessarily have to be one , you don't like/want any more, just one that's fallen by the wayside inadvertantly perhaps .... maybe another has got more favour recently....

I'm sticking up for the one's that should be worn more often

The 'Not enough wrists and all that' watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I stopped wearing this about a year ago, when it stopped keeping remotely good time (worse than all my mechanicals) and replaced it with my orange swatch. It's 19mm spring bars are now being useful in my grey dialled Seiko. It was a present fifteen years ago so it's nice having it hanging around

There's nothing in what I regard as my collection that hasn't been worn in a while, because I usually get rid of watches once I don't want to wear them regularly.
    Once you get past the name on the dial that's actually kind of alright