Likes Likes:  238
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I have something in my eye

I think I have something in my eye

I got a PM from a member here who had heard (via PM) that my brother is sick in hospital. I was frankly surprised that people were talking about it - I did mention it in a lounge chat thread but still. They asked my postal address, and no questions. I have just received a package

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1430833357318.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  29.7 KB
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1430833371530.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  143.7 KB
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1430833390170.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  117.6 KB

What a thoughtful gift. My brother loves the great outdoors - goes camping, hiking etc regularly, and doesn't have a watch at all(!), despite my efforts. Ironically they think the tropical disease(s) he is fighting were picked up whilst he was camping a few weeks ago This setback won't put him off though - he'll be back out there with his new toy! As soon as he gets out of surgery...And a very generous Amazon voucher - I'll suggest he uses it to buy some more outdoors gear which he loves so much. I'll post a pic of him wearing it when he gets it.

What can I say IWL - I really am very blessed to have such an amazing community to call friends.

Thank you very much.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Wonderful gesture! Hope your brother feels better soon!
    Instagram: @tempocalypse

3. Likes JAGtime, pepperami liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    I hope that watch is properly broken in very soon!

5. Likes JAGtime, FuzzyB liked this post
    A genuine pat on the back to whoever it was (who'll most likely want to remain publically nameless and rightly so)

Name:  internet_high_five_place_hand_here_right_480x444_re_comics_10-s480x444-94262-580.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  27.1 KB

Name:  awesome-postit.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  24.8 KB
    Whoever you may be

7. Likes geoffbot, JAGtime, FuzzyB, meijlinder, DJW GB liked this post
    I know who PM'd me and they shall remain anonymous, but I believe it was a group effort. It was signed IWL so I think you all - you all make this community the friendly place that it is which facilitates such kind gestures.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

9. Likes OTGabe, popoki nui, Broker, muddy250 liked this post
    Hope he's feeling better soon so he can take it for a spin.Love the IWL card .I don't think your weird......Make sure you join him on his next adventure Geoff - the tropical disease.

Such a great community.
    Last edited by watchdaddy1; May 5, 2015 at 03:03 PM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

11. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    And of course we expect your brother to do a "geoffbot pose" with his new watch

13. Likes JAGtime, popoki nui, geoffbot, bu11itt, Chase liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steppy View Post
    And of course we expect your brother to do a "geoffbot pose" with his new watch
    .....and legs . Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Best wishes to your brother, Geoff, for a full and speedy recovery. May he be sporting his new watch out in the wild soon!

Jane

17. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Wish your brother get better soon, Geoff. Hope he likes the wach and will take it for many, many adventures.

19. Likes iyonk, JAGtime, Chase liked this post