Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Failed homages, or Designs that didn't translate well

Failed homages, or Designs that didn't translate well

I just stumbled across this thing, for lack of a better word, and it just goes to show that some design elements simple don't translate all that well. Clearly inspired by the Lange Zeitwerk, this thing seems to miss the mark.

For some reason, I find it humorous when a homage clearly falls short of the intended design. I always wonder if the potential customer knows what the original design is based on and wants a copy of that design, or if they have no idea and simply like the design.

Please feel free to share other failed homages here.

2. Likes scott59, dbakiva liked this post
    I think ye famed Rodina comes into this category: takes a classic Bauhaus design, and then puts a Times New Roman logo across it

4. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    I just stumbled across this thing, for lack of a better word, and it just goes to show that some design elements simple don't translate all that well. Clearly inspired by the Lange Zeitwerk, this thing seems to miss the mark.

For some reason, I find it humorous when a homage clearly falls short of the intended design. I always wonder if the potential customer knows what the original design is based on and wants a copy of that design, or if they have no idea and simply like the design.

One of the worst I've ever seen, truly awful

Divert your eyes, it may take on other forms......

"Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

8. Likes Seriously liked this post
    There's something so outrageously cynical about that Sturling that it's almost impressive

10. Likes dbakiva liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    There's something so outrageously cynical about that Sturling that it's almost impressive
    I'd be even more impressed if they somehow worked the face of the classic, square G-Shock, added markers and hands, and offered it for sale with a straight face. Or anything else, like the Zeitwerk, which was designed specifically to show the time without hands.

12. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1431001555531.png
Views: 96
Size:  389.5 KB
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

14. Likes Henry Krinkle, FuzzyB liked this post
    Cyclops over the 3 marker, What the hell !

Brings a 2nd entry to the Bullhead genre , can you see it