Likes Likes:  50
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I LIED in Gary123's thread! Incoming!

I LIED in Gary123's thread! Incoming!

So I said I won't be looking for a diver for a long time as I found The One for me...which is still the case! Loving my SBGA031 GS but strolling past one of my favorite vintage shops tonight in the city, came across this. I'm a very good customer and simply could not refuse the deal. Bezel is rough and tight def needs some TLC. Case is in overall very nice condition. The bracelet does not feel nearly as good as my Explorer 2 but thats neither here nor there. Either way, its a class act! Never thought I'd have one...but here it is! Sub No Date! Clean, simple, classic and timeless. Now, I really, really blew my budget LOL!

Name:  IMG_1397.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  67.3 KBName:  IMG_1398.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  65.9 KBName:  IMG_1400.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  69.4 KBName:  IMG_1401.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  66.9 KBName:  IMG_1407.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  52.3 KB

Oh no, you didn't...well, guess you did!

I'm sure you'll gona love that watch. Congratulations, JP!

3. Likes -JP, JAGtime liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Gorgeous. And a perfect fit for your wrist. Time to get rid of that huge Seiko quartz you just got!

What year/reference is it?

5. Likes -JP liked this post
    Beautiful! Congrats, -JP...an absolute classic. I just love the no-date Submariner. Enjoy!

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

7. Likes -JP liked this post
    I can't fault you for that little slip up. That's a nice looking Sub! The no-date with no superlative text turns it into a great, no-nonsense watch.

9. Likes -JP liked this post
    Funny how the GS looks sooo huge next to the Sub but on the wrist its not that big of a deal. I seen pics with both watches from other owners before but now I have to admit its not really that much different. I guess the closeness and the angle dramatizes it a lot. Geez! LOL

Name:  IMG_1403.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  82.9 KB

11. Likes iyonk, OhDark30, bu11itt liked this post
    Now thats just AWESOME!!! BIG Congrats JP!

now, aligned the bezel and re-take the pictures... (i'm just kidding of course )

13. Likes -JP, Seriously liked this post
    bezel needs some work. It is super tight like maybe something is caught in it. I don't want to mess with it too much or make it worse so gonna leave it the way it is till I get a chance to get it looked at. One of the reasons I got the deal I did. When I have time I'm going to take it to my watch repair guy and see what he can do....

15. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by -JP View Post
    Funny how the GS looks sooo huge next to the Sub but on the wrist its not that big of a deal. I seen pics with both watches from other owners before but now I have to admit its not really that much different. I guess the closeness and the angle dramatizes it a lot. Geez! LOL

Name:  IMG_1403.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  82.9 KB
    It's funny, I always find that off the wrist, differences are often minimized. It's crazy how minuscule differences off the wrist can make a huge difference on. Like, older, pre-ceramic Subs are way too small for my wrist, but the ceramic Subs fit just fine, even though they're both 40mm, technically.

But that doesn't mean that if you get bored with your tiny and old Submariner and prefer your shiny and new GS, that I won't let you offload the Rolex to me, with no cost to you.

17. Likes -JP liked this post
    Great vintage Sub, JP. Enjoy your new acquisition. It's really beautiful.

Jane