Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Shocking.

Hybrid View

Shocking.

7 divers lost for three and a half hours. SEVEN. If, if, this is true these guys need to lose their certification. There are enough other reviews questioning the quality of the dive shop for me to suspect there is at least a grain of truth here. It's a good thing I dislike Sandals for other reasons and will never darken the doors of any of their resorts.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserR...a.html?m=19905
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Aug 8, 2019 at 01:15 PM.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Wow!

And without actual verification... it doesn't sound made up.

possible embellished thou dehydration and sun exposure sound a bit extreme after only 3.5 hours ? been years since I dived and then it was only a few times mainly at the swimming pool and a few cold water drops but seem a bit much still ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    possible embellished thou dehydration and sun exposure sound a bit extreme after only 3.5 hours ? been years since I dived and then it was only a few times mainly at the swimming pool and a few cold water drops but seem a bit much still ?
    Bottled dive air is extraordinarily dry. You are dehydrated when you finish your dive. Add three and a half hours in a wet suit fighting a current. Yes, you will be dehydrated. The past two weeks it has been sunny and in the low 30s. So, yes, exposure is a definite possibility. I overheat in a 2mm wetsuit in a cool water swimming pool.

All of that is almost irrelevant though. What this is about is that if true, this resort made a whole series of shockingly bad decisions that are well outside the parameters of safe dive procedures and then lost 7 divers and never found them. They were rescued by a fishing boat.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Bottled dive air is extraordinarily dry. You are dehydrated when you finish your dive. Add three and a half hours in a wet suit fighting a current. Yes, you will be dehydrated. The past two weeks it has been sunny and in the low 30s. So, yes, exposure is a definite possibility. I overheat in a 2mm wetsuit in a cool water swimming pool.

All of that is almost irrelevant though. What this is about is that if true, this resort made a whole series of shockingly bad decisions that are well outside the parameters of safe dive procedures and then lost 7 divers and never found them. They were rescued by a fishing boat.
    cool don't remember being dehydrated but think the dives was like half hour and in cold water think mostly at a place called stone cove but like it was twenty odd years ago now so was not as it is now seems a lot easier now days to do then back then plus bet nothing is the same as when I did well maybe the signing the same

yes you think their be more then one complaint on it thou mean I would have started off with it first then at the end and he seems to build tempo to so hmmm something maybe did go on but the nerd in me wants more facts before thinking more on it
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1