9. You may not vote on this poll
  • pip and the 1976 Citizen Crystron LCD

7 77.78%
  • ismy and the Seiko h449-5120a

2 22.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **** Mfas IV - The Voyage Home **** round two **** level two ****

**** Mfas IV - The Voyage Home **** round two **** level two ****

Ladies and gentleman this is the second round of the level two of the more for a score comp we have been doing.

For those that may not have seen them before we do a comp every now and then when members ask for it been doing them from almost the start of IWL... so the plan buy a watch has to cost under £20 pounds ( or what ever your local currency is to that sum ) plus post (here most try to get the post as part of the £20 pounds - but did say a small amount was over look-able if not excessive )

Then you wait for them,and clean and fix them up if they need it and see whose one wins the most votes and they win a badge .. the glory ..bragging rights... etc etc

Ok next two pulled are :

pip and the 1976 citizen crystron lcd .

Well here is my entry: a 1976 Citizen Crystron LCD which is amazingly on its original bracelet with signed clasp. The beautifully modern UFO cased watch comes with a date feature but not the alarm of its slightly younger and much more common fancy pants brother.

Iím still stunned that I got this within the rules of the competition, these rarely come up for sale, even more rarely in working order on original bracelets, and have gone for in excess £200 previously if my research is right. For the sake of full disclosure, the light doesnít work and I havenít had time to investigate yet. Other than that itís fully functional and keeps incredibly accurate time.

So a vote for Team Pippy is a vote for 1976, when the future was still full of spaceships, and every town would hope that one day it would have its own computer...

Argh! An alien UFO!

And almost forgot to show the movement

vs

ismy and the seiko h449 -5120

ok well my entry is this seiko h449 -5120 was bought as part of a joblot so £10 plus £2.90 post so call it £13 in total ..https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rotary-Se...p2047675.l2557

well was bought none working and was packed very badly for del so case and crystal was marked so I clean and polished both case and crystal and original bracelet then I moved on to the inside their was several missing screws one for holding the battery clip in place so found some that fit so sorted that had to also sort the buttons as looked like one was jammed in making everything not work (don't know if this happen in the post or was from before ) and found and sourced a battery for it and seems to be fully working now even down to the light ..

Seiko h449-5120a ...

Attached Images

voting will be done as a view-able vote so those on tapacrap who want to vote can just say here and then when voting finishes will add those to the score on tallying up .. every one is welcome to vote whether they enter anything or not

As always Ismy

2. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    another hard round again very tuff call if I wasn't a gentleman and a scholar hey thats what they tell me I would vote for mine of course but as not into that. I have voted accordingly not that it was a very hard choice as the crytron is one of the first of it's type and is all retro chic and all that and shiny.. but mine think it has more old world meeting new world about it the cross over point so to speak so both have more to them , then just being watches to tell time it was the 70's the world of possibility was just opening up .

Tough round!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rarity and a side order of nostalgia swings my vote to the Crystron.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

6. Likes Pip liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Rarity and a side order of nostalgia swings my vote to the Crystron.
    can't deny it's rarity as pip says a boxed one with papers and original bracelet can be worth a couple of hundred on the buy nows on the bay .
    Last edited by is that my watch; Aug 11, 2019 at 05:25 PM. Reason: typo

Citizen for me.

Ana-digis are a real design challenge, and Seiko’s valiant effort doesn’t quite make it - even though I can remember watches like this looking state-of-the-art at the time.

9. Likes Pip liked this post
    I've gone for ISMY's Seiko, mainly to keep the comp interesting

11. Likes is that my watch, Pip liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkyfisher View Post
    I've gone for ISMY's Seiko, mainly to keep the comp interesting
    erm thank you I think

13. Likes Pip liked this post
    There's a lot to like about them both, I'd happily wear them both, the Seiko is a lovely tidy watch which almost has a kinda sorta Bond connection. But the Citizen has to win on rarity.

15. Likes Pip liked this post
    just looking for some nails for my coffin as looks like I am done here

17. Likes Pip liked this post