Likes Likes:  107
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thursday 7th May: OhDark30 Day!

Hybrid View

Thursday 7th May: OhDark30 Day!

I've got a wonderful Soviet 60s watch about to come back from being serviced that I got a year ago from ....

.....and I've just moved on a fantastic 70s watch that had previously belonged to....

.....and I've just received a delicious German 80s watch from.....

....someone who has acquired a great many delicious and interesting and exotic and historically noble watches....

.... a goodly proportion of which have found their way into the collections of other IWL members.........

I thought a good way to mark my reaching 5,000 posts it would be to celebrate her skill at tracking down special watches, but perhaps more importantly to say cheers for her being sure that these wonderful watches find happy homes with other members of our corner of the watchyworld, and are not scattered to the winds again.

So if you've a watch thanks to OhDark30, please post it here!

Or even better, have it on your wrist today.

I will be wearing this beautiful mid-Eighties GUB (35mm and manual, natually )

Name:  Miss G 1.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  37.3 KB
    Last edited by Der Amf; May 7, 2015 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Much more articulate in the morning ;)

It's rarely that a watch escapes from my clutches at all, and even more rarely that I don't rue the day, but OD3's total enthusiasm for (and fabulous knowledge about) the variation on the first watch in space that she swapped for a little something from her collection has left me happy that it's found a proper home.

On the other hand, the little jewel of a GMT she swapped it for makes it easier to let go:

Cheers Kath.
    Last edited by Matt; May 6, 2015 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    It's rarely that a watch escapes from my clutches at all, and even more rarely that I don't rue the day, but OD3's total enthusiasm for (and fabulous knowledge about) the variation on the first watch in space that she swapped for a little something from her collection has left me happy that it's found a proper home.

On the other hand, the little jewel of a GMT she swapped it for makes it easier to let go:

Cheers Kath.
    This is gorgeous! I'll add one to my collection, one day.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

well me and Der Amf have been saying on conversation how we had watches from oh'd lol I must of had about twenty from kath here and at the other place she is my go to Russian watch nut haha am trying to talk her out off a couple of Russian alarms as we speak so yep I may have one or to lol I hear some one saying pics so here a few
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

5. Likes Der Amf, DJW GB, FuzzyB, JAGtime, OhDark30 liked this post
    and oh yes what else could it be tomorrow then this
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

7. Likes Der Amf, DJW GB, JAGtime, OhDark30 liked this post
    Well i cannot say whether i have any watches that may have belonged to OhDark30 But i can share a few pic's with you . I have had some very satisfactory deals with K lately and having met her at a couple of gtg's have found her very knowledgeable on Russian watches and she is partly responsible for my growing obsess... interest in them . DW.

Some of her collection at a gtg in another time

Name:  P1080667 1 2 (600x450).jpg
Views: 188
Size:  230.3 KB

And some deals i have had

Name:  P1110689 1 (600x450).jpg
Views: 173
Size:  144.5 KB
    a lovely Paketa 24 hr

Name:  P1110536 1 (600x450).jpg
Views: 167
Size:  163.6 KB
    a Poljot linen dial

Name:  P1110684 4 (600x450).jpg
Views: 151
Size:  178.2 KB
    a Sekonda VIA Der Amf

Name:  P1110520 4 (550x413).jpg
Views: 151
Size:  139.1 KB
    a Beijing (please excuse the dust )

And not only watches straps and books
    Name:  P1110692 (500x375).jpg
Views: 182
Size:  114.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DJW GB View Post
    Well i cannot say whether i have any watches that may have belonged to OhDark30 But i can share a few pic's with you . I have had some very satisfactory deals with K lately and having met her at a couple of gtg's have found her very knowledgeable on Russian watches and she is partly responsible for my growing obsess... interest in them . DW.

Some of her collection at a gtg in another time

Name:  P1080667 1 2 (600x450).jpg
Views: 188
Size:  230.3 KB

And some deals i have had

a lovely Paketa 24 hr

a Poljot linen dial

a Sekonda VIA Der Amf

a Beijing (please excuse the dust )

And not only watches straps and books
    that green one look familiar hmmm
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

10. Likes Der Amf, DJW GB, OhDark30 liked this post
    I sat next to her in a pub.
    There's nothing important to read here.

12. Likes Der Amf, DJW GB, JAGtime, OhDark30 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Man, of all the watches I've bought from and/or sold to forum members, I've only ever remembered one. The guy I bought my MM300 from. We had a long negotiation over it, and he customized it, which are pretty much the only reasons I remember it.

So Kath, if I bought a watch from you and don't remember it, sorry!

14. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Man, of all the watches I've bought from and/or sold to forum members, I've only ever remembered one. The guy I bought my MM300 from. We had a long negotiation over it, and he customized it, which are pretty much the only reasons I remember it.

So Kath, if I bought a watch from you and don't remember it, sorry!
    Hey Raza!
    No, none yet - but give it time!

16. Likes Der Amf, JAGtime, DJW GB, Raza liked this post