Likes Likes:  40
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, I made it a WHOLE 2 weeks... Incoming

Well, I made it a WHOLE 2 weeks... Incoming

What is it about buying watches that makes you want to buy more watches? For those of you who read about my most recent watch purchase (Whatrecon App - Damn you) I was proud that I had made it almost a year without buying a new watch. Well, apparently buying a new watch acts as a catalyst that lowers the activation energy of your impulse control resulting in even more watch purchases. This chain of events of course could very easily lead to a run-away reaction as each event initiates another. I am assuming this is how some WIS end up with collections of several hundred watches. Thankfully, I stumbled upon this reaction mechanism so I can now add controls and interlocks to monitor for this event occurring (it’s a rate of change of credit card balance for those who are curious) and add a terminating agent to stop the process.

Anyway, I ran across Prometheus watches (thanks to the dive forum by the way) and was intrigued. I almost pulled the trigger on a blue/orange Poseidon yesterday. Before I ordered I decided to look at their other options, just out of curiosity, and saw the Sailfish, in blue. I’ve been needing (ok wanting) a blue watch as well as a dive watch with a sapphire bezel and this watch ticked off both of those boxes at a, “Sure, why not…” price. (I still need a blue/orange watch, but I think I’ll try to hold out for a Good Planet). Needless to say I just ordered a Sailfin. So yea, two weeks was all I lasted. I am a weak, weak man.

Anyway, here’s a few pics to whet your appetite…

Last edited by bu11itt; May 8, 2015 at 03:51 AM.
    Chris:

Love the blue color and the bezel. Congrats
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

3. Likes bu11itt liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Love the blue color and the bezel. Congrats
    Thanks. That's really what drew me to it. I wanted a striking blue watch and that looks like it'll fit the bill nicely.

Congrats and great choice on color!

6. Likes bu11itt liked this post
    Beautiful choice and color.

And I know what you mean. I haven't bought a watch in months now and have this unexplainable urge to buy another RIGHT NOW, even though I have 3 on preorder that won't show up until a couple of months.

8. Likes bu11itt liked this post
    Congrats! Thats a looker for sure.
    Instagram: @tempocalypse

10. Likes bu11itt liked this post
    Very nice diver. Love the blue tone. Enjoy.

12. Likes bu11itt liked this post
    Nice one! You guys sure aren't helping my own policy of not buying any more watches for a while!

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

14. Likes bu11itt liked this post
    Nice!!! The blue is really stunning! I always like a splash of color on my watches. Hmmmmm......wait... What have you done here...

Congrats, anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes bu11itt liked this post
    I talked myself out of buying that model because it looks 'too blue' (for me), and I wanted a grey-faced one.... No chance; they've been out of stock of grey (and black) ones, for months Probably putting all their efforts into the 'Poseidon 3500M' models.
    But, hey, if the blue works for you - Enjoy it.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.