Likes Likes:  110
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Show me your fliegers!

Show me your fliegers!

I've just taken the plunge and ordered an Archimede Pilot 39h, a watch I've been wanting pretty much since I got into watches (in fact since before it existed, because originally I wanted a Pilot-M as they were called back then),
    It should be on my wrist in the next week or 2, so in the meantime please keep my excitement levels up by posting pics of your fliegeruhren!
    Particularly interested to see any on non-standard straps (natos, croc, etc). Mine will be coming on a riveted strap, but I'm not sure if it will be too long for my skinny wrist so may have to replace it (on which note, anyone know a source of decent medium length aviator style straps?)

The Stowa straps seem a good deal, and it least you'd be keeping it German and Flieger themed

https://www.stowa.de/lshop,showrub,1..._20_mm,,,,.htm

How about a non-standard Flieger on a non-standard bracelet...?:

Post up some pix when it arrives!
    I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends Don't Let Friends Buy G-Schlocks.

Okay..., Charging Paddles... CLEAR!! BZZZZT... Another Thread Revived!

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹
    I'm Just Here For The Comic Relief. Nothing I Do or Say Needs to be Taken Seriously.

4. Likes tempocalypse, synequano, JAGtime, Nokie liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post

Cool!

Also thinking that bracelet would work well with a speedmaster...
    Instagram: @tempocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by Steppy View Post
    The Stowa straps seem a good deal, and it least you'd be keeping it German and Flieger themed

https://www.stowa.de/lshop,showrub,1..._20_mm,,,,.htm
    Thanks. I was looking at those last night actually, and they seem quite long for a short strap. 125mm on one side, whereas the ones I normally get are 110mm

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post

Still not sure about that bracelet, but I love the watch

is this count as small flieger? or it is a field watch?... yeah i know, its just a seiko 5 hehehe..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

9. Likes OhDark30, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    is this count as small flieger? or it is a field watch?... yeah i know, its just a seiko 5 hehehe..
    Works for me!

I'm willing to bet that the strap will fit your wrist. I had an alternative strap on mine for a while. It's a Hadley Roma brown leather and canvas strap:

I think it looks pretty good, though I've since gone back to the OEM strap which wears really nicely.

12. Likes synequano, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    I'm willing to bet that the strap will fit your wrist. I had an alternative strap on mine for a while. It's a Hadley Roma brown leather and canvas strap:

I think it looks pretty good, though I've since gone back to the OEM strap which wears really nicely.
    Thanks, I'm hoping the Archimede strap works out, if not I have a brown Hirsch Buffalo that might work with it