Likes Likes:  51
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One More Package From Sherry

One More Package From Sherry

Unbelievable! A package from Sherry arrived today! The last arrival from her World Record Setting Giveaway! It is difficult to truly express my appreciation.

I apologize to all that I do not have the patience, nor the skill (I'm not kidding), to manage an appropriate post full of new photos. It suffices to say, the watches look far better in person than any photo can show. But as a reminder, here are a couple of additional photos of Sherry's Birks Eterna-matic chronometer that I found searching the interweb tubes - - -

And the Giveaway thread photo of the Bulova multi-function in gold tone-------

Now, what turned this lucky gift into a bit of a saga for me, was that the package, expertly wrapped and including the wonderful card, seems to have taken a two week holiday in California along the way! Note the dates below, between arrival in San Francisco, and then finally appearing outside Richmond, Virginia this morning.

The USPS was very helpful along the way - - - they said the package must be "stuck" somewhere, and would "probably" re-appear eventually...... "Just be patient!" they told me (and ultimately on their tracking below, they actually claimed "On Time" Delivery!)

On Time
    Expected Delivery Date: May 8, 2015

Service Type: International Letter

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Delivered, Left with Individual HENRICO, VA May 8, 2015 2:38 pm
    Out for Delivery HENRICO, VA May 8, 2015 8:39 am
    Sorting Complete HENRICO, VA May 8, 2015 8:29 am
    Arrived at Unit HENRICO, VA May 8, 2015 5:44 am
    Arrived at USPS Facility SANDSTON, VA May 8, 2015 2:08 am
    Processed Through Sort Facility ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS) April 22, 2015 8:14 pm
    Processed Through Sort Facility VANCOUVER, CANADA April 21, 2015 9:23 pm
    Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
    Acceptance CANADA April 18, 2015 5:53 pm

So "all's well, that ends well!" Thank you Sherry for your inexplicable generosity, Scott
    Last edited by scott59; May 9, 2015 at 04:08 AM.

Happily unadjusted 😜 popoki nui's Avatar
    You're welcome, Scott, and enjoy your watches. I was a bit worried that they'd never arrive, but all's well that ends well, as they say.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Hamilton Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen

Like IWL on Facebook!

3. Likes scott59, JAGtime, CFR, iyonk, scottjc liked this post
    Yes, Sherry, I had just about given up on either of us ever seeing the two watches again. At least one of us (you!) kept a positive outlook. It only took 16 days to travel from the West Coast to the East Coast. Don't they use airplanes nowadays? Thanks once more, Scott

5. Likes JAGtime, popoki nui liked this post
    Oh yeah, I've already changed straps on the Eterna-matic (had to - I need to lose a _little_ bit of weight......), and tonight it will be exploring places with me that serve alcohol.

7. Likes popoki nui, geoffbot liked this post
    Great looking watches and a very nice gesture on Sherry's part. Enjoy!
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

9. Likes scott59 liked this post
    Congrats! It's really a beautiful piece.

And as for Sherry, a really wonderful gesture. If only the world has more selfless, kind souls, it would be a better place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes CFR, pepperami, scott59 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Lovely!

13. Likes scott59 liked this post
    Woah! Great news!!! and those are really beautiful! congrats again scott and Generous Sherry! its an EPIC give-away indeed!

i still cross my finger and put a camp in front of my house to wait for mine =)

15. Likes scott59, popoki nui liked this post
    I hope you enjoy your Sherry watches as much as I have enjoyed mine! That Eterna is very cool!

17. Likes iyonk, scott59 liked this post
    I've seen some threads about searching for "birth year" watches. Had never thought about that.

But I recently realized, I'm now wonderfully covered!

Born in 1959. Eterna-matic is engraved 1960 on case-back. Could very well have been made in 1959. Close enough for me.

Thanks again, Sherry.
    Last edited by scott59; Jun 4, 2015 at 06:21 AM.

19. Likes Chase, Der Amf, popoki nui, geoffbot liked this post