Editor's note: In case you missed it, T+T HQ is located in Melbourne, which is currently rather cold. And one of the few things warming me up right now (because the office heater just isn't cutting it) is the warm details on this funky Oris Chronoris, which, even though it's a few years old, I still can't get out of my head. Here's Cam's review … The story in a second: Disco might be*dead, but the '70s live on in Oris' latest re-edition. A decade for experimentation, the '70s was an era of bold shapes and brightly coloured designs (men's turtleneck ponchos, anyone?). While many*of these experiments should never be repeated (men's turtleneck ponchos), there are a few special exceptions. One of which is the Oris Chronoris. Released in 1970, it was the brand's first foray into the world of motorsport and their very first chronograph. Since then, Oris has*built a strong stable of auto-themed watches, maintaining connections to the sport of motor-racing with partnerships including Audi Sport and Williams' F1 teams. Oris first paid tribute to the Chronoris in 2005, in the shape of a retro-themed chronograph, and once again have honoured the one that started it all, with…

The post Warm up with the details on this lovely Oris Chronoris appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...