Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Time and Tide - Buying vintage Rolex – Utilitarian ideal without waiting list ordeal

Time and Tide - Buying vintage Rolex – Utilitarian ideal without waiting list ordeal

For almost every watch enthusiast, the first sojourn into the world of the vintage watch market is two things: fun and inexpensive. The thrill of owning something that was created and worn several decades ago, the history, the gorgeous patina and, in most cases, the value for money – it just seems like there are zero downsides. My first vintage piece was a gold-capped Tudor Oyster Prince from the early '60s. It wasn't a minter by any means, with scratches and swirls galore adorning both the plexi and the case. But I didn't care one bit, because in my humble eyes it was completely and utterly gorgeous! High off this perceived value, it wasn't long before my collection had swelled rapidly with other vintage pieces from the likes of Omega, Universal Genève and IWC. They all varied greatly in appearance, style and condition, but they had one thing in common – they were cheap. With my most recent soirée into the buying of watches from yesteryear, however, I have strayed rather far from the path of my usual modus operandi. Essentially, I've gone from procuring timepieces worth a couple of hundred bucks each, to buying a single watch worth more…

The post Buying vintage Rolex – Utilitarian ideal without waiting list ordeal appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...

For almost every watch enthusiast, the first sojourn into the world of the vintage watch market is two things: fun and inexpensive.

hmmm really !!

My first vintage piece was a gold-capped Tudor Oyster Prince from the early '60s. It wasn't a minter by any means, with scratches and swirls galore adorning both the plexi and the case. But I didn't care one bit, because in my humble eyes it was completely and utterly gorgeous! High off this perceived value, it wasn't long before my collection had swelled rapidly with other vintage pieces from the likes of Omega, Universal Genève and IWC.

hmmm fun maybe inexpensive come off it £500 to 1k for the tudor then plus for Omega, Universal Genève and IWC.

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1