Likes Likes:  59
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SO good when they're back home!

Smile SO good when they're back home!

I hate it when they have to go to the spa; it's like I'm missing an arm or a boob or some other necessary body part. But it's so sweet when they come home again. I got the call last night that my Zodiac SeaWolf was all fixed up and healthy again (its first service ever), so I rushed to my watchmaker to pick it up this morning.
    Name:  Zodiac kitty.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  51.1 KB
    Name:  Zodiac strap2.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  52.8 KB
    Name:  Zociac strap1.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  54.7 KB
    Name:  Zodiac 4.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  99.1 KB
    Complete overhaul: cleaning, oiling, new mainspring, regulating, all new gaskets, pressure test. My watchmaker was impressed with the engine inside: by the end of the SeaWolf line, Zodiac was in the hands of Willie Gad Monnier, and he switched many of the Zodiac models to ETA movements and not Zodiac manufacture ones. This SeaWolf uses the "Top" grade ETA 2824-2, which he figured is pretty swank given the middle-of-the-roadness of the original Zodiac line. Whatever...I'm just doing the Happy Dance that I have my Zodiac back.
    I hope my Tudor Ranger II is home soon, too!

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Yep! I know the feeling. Hate when I have to send my watches for servicing; just hate it!

3. Likes popoki nui, JAGtime liked this post
    Congratulations on getting one of your babies back, Sherry. I hate sending mine away, I currently have no less than 4 watches "at the spa" and, although I have plenty more to choose from, I always miss them until they return in full health.

I suppose it's good news that your Zodiac has an ETA movement as it will be easier to service, although there will be purists that say that an in house movement is best. Not me though.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

5. Likes popoki nui, JAGtime liked this post
    Looks as good as new
    I'm always a little apprehensive when mine come back from a service - Ever since Omega sent my PO back with dust on the inside of the sapphire
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

7. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Yay! Your Zodiac looks great (on both bracelet and strap.) It is so nice to have a beloved watch working properly again. Enjoy! Hope your Tudor is home soon, too!

Jane

9. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post
    Congratulations on getting one of your babies back, Sherry. I hate sending mine away, I currently have no less than 4 watches "at the spa" and, although I have plenty more to choose from, I always miss them until they return in full health.

I suppose it's good news that your Zodiac has an ETA movement as it will be easier to service, although there will be purists that say that an in house movement is best. Not me though.
    Yes, the ETA is easier to service, and source parts for, and they used the Top grade version here (for whatever that's worth). And...the in-house Zodiac movements had their problems, and parts can be very difficult to source. While it's nice to have a manufacture movement, I'd much rather have a common ETA that is robust AND serviceable.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

11. Likes scottjc, CFR liked this post
    Sherry, what's the blue dot between 4 and 5?

13. Likes crownpuller liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Oh good; I didn't like to ask for fear of making a fool of myself
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

15. Likes mlcor, popoki nui, FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Oh good; I didn't like to ask for fear of making a fool of myself
    We can wallow together in our combined ignorance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGtime View Post
    Yay! Your Zodiac looks great (on both bracelet and strap.) It is so nice to have a beloved watch working properly again. Enjoy! Hope your Tudor is home soon, too! Jane
    Thanks, Jane! I like both the strap and bracelet as well, but the strap is mostly for winter wear.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Zodiac had four coloured dots they used on different lines in the late 80's and early 90's sports watches: Red Point, Silver Point, Gold Point, and Blue Point. There seems to be some confusion as to what the colours meant (and in which direction), but they referred basically to:
    Red Point: Professional Sports Watches
    Silver Point: Professional Diver's Watches
    Gold Point: Elegant Sports Watches
    (Blue Point) = "Ultra-resistant Professional Diver's Seawolf
    Some say the Blue Point (used exclusively for the SeaWolf) was the top (quality) of the Zodiac lineup, others say the Red Point was the top. The Gold Point certainly was the most elegant and dressy-looking of all the models. I've even heard rumours that the dot (of any colour) was like a bit of litmus paper; it was supposed to change colour if moisture got inside the case, but I'm pretty sure that's just some story someone cooked up.
    And, just to make things even more confusing, not all Zodiac sport watches used the dot system.

~Sherry.