Representing your country at the Olympic Games is the dream of just about every kid who grows up doing a sport, especially Australian kids and swimming. The likes of Ian Thorpe, Grant Hackett and Michael Klim did wonders to boost the popularity of the sport in the Land Down Under, producing a fresh crop of talented young swimmers, including Travis Mahoney. Travis represented Australia at the Rio Olympics where he competed in the 400m Individual Medley, and commemorated his achievement with the acquisition of an Omega Speedmaster Mark II 'Rio 2016'. When did you first see/hear about it? I actually first heard about this watch from fellow Dolphins team member, dead-set legend and avid watch enthusiast Matt Abood. We had been hanging out at our last pre-competition camp in Brisbane before our journey to the Olympics began. Matt showed me a picture of the design and I immediately fell in love with the smooth brushed steel, unique classic design and obvious connection to the Olympics. Matt told me he was going to get his when he returned from Brazil. I was extremely jealous of Matt but I couldn't wait for him to get it so I could see it with…

The post What Sealed The Deal – Travis Mahoney's Omega Speedmaster Mark II 'Rio 2016' appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...