Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $$$$$ WRUW - TUESDAY - 12 may'15 $$$$$

$$$$$ WRUW - TUESDAY - 12 may'15 $$$$$

Enjoying my fav simple Quartz..

have a great day everybody!

Name:  DSCN0711.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  48.8 KB

Orient Mako XL. This will be one of the last times I wear it on leather as I'm starting to switch everything over to NATOs.

-hayday

Name:  MAKO XL leather.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  109.9 KB
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

To continue the Orient theme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    B.-

Travel has upset my normal schedule. I usually rotate my pocketwatch weekly, on Sunday. Today, I returned from nearly 2 weeks on the road. Waiting for me was a package with a newly serviced gem. All it needed was a simple COA. This is a Hamilton 940 - with several twists. Let's leave some of them as a quiz.

First, and most obvious, this watch is in a Hamilton display case. It has a snap on front bezel and a glass back so you can see the movement. This is not uncommon in current watches - but was basically a salesman's case back in the day. It wasn't intended for actual day-to-day use, but I wear it this way to show off the movement without removing the back. It's a nice novelty, if not terribly "correct".

Second - look at the dial. I'll leave it at that. What strikes you about the dial? What looks familiar? What looks strange? Do visions of lawsuits dance in your head?

Third - (not shown) It turns out that under a strong light there's a surprise lurking in the background. Do the initials O.R.T. mean anything to you? How would you choose between an O.R.T. dial and an A.K. Jobe dial - if you had to choose? I should note that the movement is marked "A.K. Jobe - Water Valley, Miss/Jackson, Tenn". Does that change your decision?

Finally - if the stars align, next weekend I may meet a descendant of the may who constucted this artificial display piece. If that happens, I may have confirmation on several bits of history, which I will share...next week.

Name:  AKJobeFront.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  115.4 KBName:  AKJobeDisplayBack.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  132.3 KB
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431406953.391954.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  58.2 KB

Another Orient

Broad arrow speedy again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Instagram: @tempocalypse

Paketa today . DW.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1431408375890.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  48.3 KB

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1431408413153.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  37.7 KB

sent from Billy super-Duper

Tuesday:
    Name:  KonTiki indexes2.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  162.8 KB
    Name:  KonTiki4 back 2.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  40.0 KB

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    Tuesday:

~Sherry.

I really love the dial and case shape of this eterna-matic Sherry..

10. Likes popoki nui, JAGtime liked this post