Likes Likes:  481
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Friday - 6 September 2019 - Weekend kickstarter edition »»»»»»»»»

This one needed some air happy Friday IWL

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The whole week turned into a bit of a tour through the vintage collection so I might as well wind up the week with another.

P4120221 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post

I'm afraid this Speedmaster (Broad Arrow) from the late 90s has become my favourite version of the Speedy. Maybe.

Attachment 89044
    I'm inclined to agree with you, but I must say it would be a really difficult choice between these two for me personally. I think realistically price would be the deciding factor at this point.
    Last edited by gnuyork; Sep 6, 2019 at 03:32 PM.

4. Likes pacifico66, CFR, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Speaking of bargain, I just got four watches back from my watch maintenance dude (for about as much money as the watches are worth... well maybe a bit less) and one of those watches is Kath's old 1966 Tudor. It turns out that this maybe had never been serviced before - at least the watchmaker didn't find any service marks and that's his opinion. It's one of my favorites, and happy to wear it with new lube to keep clicking for another decade or three.Just an ETA movement inside, but who cares, it's a great little watch, and now I can wear it any day I want without worrying about service intervals.

Wow. That's a nice one.

6. Likes skywatch, JAGtime, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    The whole week turned into a bit of a tour through the vintage collection so I might as well wind up the week with another.

P4120221 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
    Fantastic shot, Henry.

8. Likes Henry Krinkle, JAGtime, watchdaddy1 liked this post

Happy Friday, all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fresh out of the box, the G-ROO, more properly known as the GA-2100-1A1.

Name:  1194C27B-40CD-4AB7-8DFC-38B0C484BC16.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  75.4 KB

It loses clarity and contrast in low light, especially when the black end of the minute hand crosses the hour hand, but what the hell. Less stealthy versions are available.

Basic functions - stopwatch, 24hr countdown timer and world time display (but no ‘home and away’ swap). No atomic-solar fandango, which is correct for a basic model. Dual illumination for dial and digital window. ‘Carbon core’ case construction. Buttons flusher and more accessible than on traditional G-Shocks.

An ‘ultra thin’ G-Shock that wears like a rounded and slimmer 5600. Soft and very comfortable strap. Modest and low-key for a G-Shock, both in size and style.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Fresh out of the box, the G-ROO, more properly known as the GA-2100-1A1.

Name:  1194C27B-40CD-4AB7-8DFC-38B0C484BC16.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  75.4 KB

It loses clarity and contrast in low light, especially when the black end of the minute hand crosses the hour hand, but what the hell. Less stealthy versions are available.

Basic functions - stopwatch, 24hr countdown timer and world time display (but no ‘home and away’ swap). No atomic-solar fandango, which is correct for a basic model. Dual illumination for dial and digital window. ‘Carbon core’ case construction. Buttons flusher and more accessible than on traditional G-Shocks.

An ‘ultra thin’ G-Shock that wears like a rounded and slimmer 5600. Soft and very comfortable strap. Modest and low-key for a G-Shock, both in size and style.
    I like that one. Don't suppose it comes in any more legible color schemes?

13. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Yup - this is the standard version -

Name:  2ACB6DE4-B15C-42AE-BD91-E381A841E83B.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  53.2 KB