Editor's note: Jaquet Droz is a brand with an increasing presence on our fair shores. And while they're best known for their watches that exhibit a decent amount of both pomp and circumstance, there's a lot to be said for their simpler offerings, which are still distinctive as all get-out. Don't believe us? Check out the Astrale Grande Heure Minute …* Jaquet Droz is a brand that has built its reputation on incredible automata and extravagant finishing. Fluttering birds, delicate miniature painting, and exquisite handcrafts are all par for the course for the brand. Which is why this watch, the Astrale Grande Heure Minute, was such a surprise. It's no less beautiful, but much more spartan in its style. In fact, besides two hands, some tiny hour markers and some words, there's hardly anything on this dial at all. This Astrale has been pared back to its most essential elements, and I've got to say the strength of the design holds up on its own. For me, it's a completely different look for Jaquet Droz, and a good one for Australia. If Jaquet Droz is a brand you've never considered before, I'd suggest checking out the latest Astrale. It might…

The post Full metal Jaquet Droz – the Astrale Grande Heure Minute* appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...