Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seiko Alpinist comes back in Jan 2020

Seiko Alpinist comes back in Jan 2020

According to Seiya:
    https://www.seiyajapan.com/blogs/new...ck-in-jan-2020

Name:  Screenshot_2019-09-07 The Alpinist will make a comeback in Jan 2020 .jpg
Views: 543
Size:  32.3 KB

I demand that they send a representative here to eat my last year's thread and the 3 watches that I bought as a result. (As a matter of principle, because I enjoyed that thread and still like the watches).

They give three reference numbers, I hope there will be a version without gold accents among them.

Has anyone seen any photos or renderings? I'm looking at lashing out on a rare-ish sharks tooth Alpinist but won't if they're going to re-release it with an updated movement next year.

This is all I can find. It seems legit but it was on another forum without a reference. If the below is anything to go by, I think I'll settle for a SARB015 with its inferior 6R15 50hr movement.

Last edited by yokied; Oct 18, 2019 at 05:17 AM.

Synequano posted this yesterday in the random watch thread
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by yokied View Post
    Has anyone seen any photos or renderings? I'm looking at lashing out on a rare-ish sharks tooth Alpinist but won't if they're going to re-release it with an updated movement next year.

This is all I can find. It seems legit but it was on another forum without a reference. If the below is anything to go by, I think I'll settle for a SARB015 with its inferior 6R15 50hr movement.

You mean you were set for the 'red' with 4S15?
    Is SARB015 even available anywhere?

Name:  3dnluh.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  73.3 KB
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

7. Likes iyonk liked this post

Seiko Alpinist comes back in Jan 2020

Name:  75ea167e-c6b2-49d7-b734-286dde6b4f80.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  107.6 KB

The white one will probably look like this...

I heard some source saying it’ll be off white dial instead of wall paint white...

9. Likes rodia77, iyonk liked this post

11. Likes synequano liked this post
    Alan's review of his new arrival reminded me to update this thread with info I find important (and worrying).

It looks like the new Alpinist is no stranger to Seiko's notorious alignment issues.

(Around 7:10, if you don't want to watch the whole vid).

Conclusion: gotta buy in person or risk a defective product.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    Conclusion: gotta buy in person or risk a defective product.

I am quite happy with my old one, and it doesn't have a cyclops! Yay!
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

14. Likes iyonk, gnuyork liked this post