After weeks of members looking and buying watches and then having them compete against each other in weekly competitions we have come down to the last watch standing and the winner ( 3 times now I think ? ) and (will be looking at doing a new badge for that ) it is crownpuller and the zila so well done that man the prize will be posted out Monday ( just trying to find a gold buckle as have include a new un-used ant allergic strap that came with out a buckle so might have to send with out one ) the badge will follow in the next few days once design is done.

Name:  DSCF5229.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  121.3 KBName:  DSCF5234.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  43.6 KB

Well done the zila. and thanks for all who voted and enter the competition you all did wonderful with the choice's made

As always Ismy

crownpuller and the zila .

After much deliberation and thinking about last year's 'full restoration job'; I've decided to go the opposite end of the scale with the one that required/requires next to zero effort.
Even though I prefer (visually) both the Avia & the Mira, they both need a bit of fettling and I figured it'd be more in keeping with the spirit of the game if I submitted one 'as bought'.
So, after a rub down with a microfiber cloth; I present:

The ZILA

Purchased as one of a joblot of 6 for £18 (inc. P&P), it ran 'sweet' from the first wind. I've not put it on the Timegrapher yet but it's within a few seconds a day of my Zodiac (chronometer). It came on a Speidel expanding bracelet which is a bit 'yellow' for my liking but kind of goes with the watch; and it's at least wearable... though I probably won't very much.

There's not much to see around the back....

... until you remove the back:

... then it's rather attractive. I can't/won't pretend this wasn't a factor in my decision to submit this one. There's a couple of fine tool marks on it but otherwise as clean as can be.
It's a FHF25 (identified by our competition host ) from circa 1950, and as mentioned above is running very well.