Likes Likes:  255
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Sunday - 8 September 2019 »»»»»»»»»

Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    'morning, IWL. Swap back to the rubber on the new arrival for garage duty. Killing time as I wait for my daughter to come to dad's garage for service on her car today.

-- Wayne
    So, how do you like it so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes JAGtime, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Oris again.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    So, how do you like it so far?

Love the striking white on black color scheme. Oddly, the bezel and crown action were much nicer on my silver/white/orange SSW. The bracelet is nice, sort of a rattly vintage feel. Decent clasp, if a little thick. Timekeeping has been excellent, as expected; +1s since it arrived. Lume is good, I'm an early bird and it's been visible each morning when I wake. The pointed hands are much more useful than the boxed end style on the other Topper SSW I owned.

Also, I got out the calipers and this watch is thinner than my previous SSW, around 12.6mm. I think that's because of the different caseback?

Overall, very happy I got a chance to grab one.

5. Likes mlcor, JAGtime, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Love the striking white on black color scheme. Oddly, the bezel and crown action were much nicer on my silver/white/orange SSW. The bracelet is nice, sort of a rattly vintage feel. Decent clasp, if a little thick. Timekeeping has been excellent, as expected; +1s since it arrived. Lume is good, I'm an early bird and it's been visible each morning when I wake. The pointed hands are much more useful than the boxed end style on the other Topper SSW I owned.

Also, I got out the calipers and this watch is thinner than my previous SSW, around 12.6mm. I think that's because of the different caseback?

Overall, very happy I got a chance to grab one.
    Yes, manual winding of these STP movements isn't particularly smooth on either of my Zodiacs. It is a striking piece, though, I'm glad you like it, too.

7. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Yes, manual winding of these STP movements isn't particularly smooth on either of my Zodiacs. It is a striking piece, though, I'm glad you like it, too.

Timekeeping is excellent, I can live with a bit of an agricultural feel to the winding

9. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Timekeeping is excellent, I can live with a bit of an agricultural feel to the winding
    Yes, me too.

11. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Chilly start taking the tornado fishing roday

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

Richard

777 for a day of Dad-Cab duty for rugby training and river swimming for my boy. Now cooking us both a roast beef dinner with a bottle of red open to help me while he is playing. Sometimes life just flows when my wife is away, as long as she’s not gone too long!

Name:  IMG_0344.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  136.4 KBName:  IMG_0342.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  70.2 KB

Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.