Likes Likes:  1,057
Page 207 of 277 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2763

Thread: TV you just love (or at least really like)

quite enjoyed this one

candle in the tomb: the lost caverns
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

My wife got me watching Yellowjackets. Kind of a Lord of the Flies/Alive feel with possibly a supernatural vibe mixed in. I'm liking it 4 episodes in.

https://youtu.be/mX22D65TqAs

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

3. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    My wife got me watching Yellowjackets. Kind of a Lord of the Flies/Alive feel with possibly a supernatural vibe mixed in. I'm liking it 4 episodes in.

https://youtu.be/mX22D65TqAs

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    I'll give it a try, ta
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    quite enjoyed this one

candle in the tomb: the lost caverns

found these both fun and appealing pity not dub to english so yeah sub titled but still think worth the effort
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

The wife is digging Yellowjackets. I like the snippets I've seen. Lonestar's description is pretty accurate based on what I've seen.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Blog Entries
    Almost begrudgingly, I started watching Succession. I assumed it would be another wealth-worship show, praising the ill-behavior of the super rich, but it’s not that at all. For one, what I didn’t realize from any of the commercials is that it’s really funny. Like, really funny. It also shows the main characters as being as despicable as they truly are. It’s balanced so well—you like them enough at times, but for the most part, you hate them and want them to lose, so you get to revel in their little failures, with the sad knowledge that their failures often just benefit other despicable people in their family. As soon as I saw Will Ferrell and Adam McKay were EPs on it, I had a feeling my expectations were going to be subverted and I’m very glad they were.

The second season started with a bit of a cliche, but really bounced back. I just finished it and I’m looking forward to starting the 3rd season soon, which is just wrapping up, I think. It airs on HBO/HBO Max.

Fair warning, though. Not one to watch with the kids around. While there’s very little explicit sex or nudity (bummer, I know, especially after Game of Thrones, which had so much of it for no reason), the language used is very explicit and downright filthy. So if you’re sensitive to that sort of thing, I’d give it a pass. It can be quite crude at times.
    Last edited by Raza; Dec 7, 2021 at 03:22 PM.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

8. Likes hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Almost begrudgingly, I started watching Succession. I assumed it would be another wealth-worship show, praising the ill-behavior of the super rich, but it’s not that at all. For one, what I didn’t realize from any of the commercials is that it’s really funny. Like, really funny. It also shows the main characters as being as despicable as they truly are. It’s balanced so well—you like them enough at times, but for the most part, you hate them and want them to lose, so you get to revel in their little failures, with the sad knowledge that their failures often just benefit other despicable people in their family. As soon as I saw Will Ferrell and Adam McKay were EPs on it, I had a feeling my expectations were going to be subverted and I’m very glad they were.

The second season started with a bit of a cliche, but really bounced back. I just finished it and I’m looking forward to starting the 3rd season soon, which is just wrapping up, I think. It airs on HBO/HBO Max.

Fair warning, though. Not one to watch with the kids around. While there’s very little explicit sex or nudity (bummer, I know, especially after Game of Thrones, which had so much of it for no reason), the language used is very explicit and downright filthy. So if you’re sensitive to that sort of thing, I’d give it a pass. It can be quite crude at times.
    I like the show a lot, especially coming from the corporate world. I love how Kendall’s character in particular spouts complete corporate gibberish, while his minions nod solemnly. Of course the emperor is wearing clothes!

Definitely not for kids, especially episode 8 of season 3 (the latest episode).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I like the show a lot, especially coming from the corporate world. I love how Kendall’s character in particular spouts complete corporate gibberish, while his minions nod solemnly. Of course the emperor is wearing clothes!

Definitely not for kids, especially episode 8 of season 3 (the latest episode).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I kind of really like Greg. “I just don’t think you should lie…when you’re the news”.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I kind of really like Greg. “I just don’t think you should lie…when you’re the news”.
    Unfortunately, IMO, Greg's act is starting to get annoying/tiresome in season 3. It was good and funny for a while, but repeating the same joke over and over is getting old. They need to let his character grow a little.

12. Likes hayday liked this post
    They are all just miserable, awful people. All of them. Some of the characters have redeeming moments, but they are all just terrible people. What I like about the show is that it makes obscene wealth seem like a curse, like something you don't want because you will just turn into a miserable asshole. Everyone is an anti-hero, yet you find yourself wanting things to work out for them. Just when you think someone has turned a corner, they remind you that they're rotten to the core and deserve a long, slow, painful, lonely death. The dialog is brilliant, however, and the actors are all amazing at portraying their characters. It's a fun show to watch.

As for Greg, yes his schtick is getting old. I used to like him but I now find him annoying. And shitty.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

14. Likes mlcor liked this post