Likes Likes:  1,064
Page 189 of 279 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2788

Thread: TV you just love (or at least really like)

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Yes, I watch The Boys even though I’m not a fan of the gore. I’m not particularly squeamish, but I do think some of it is unnecessary. The show’s good points outweigh it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of gornography, either, but I love it when it's comical and over-the-top. Even though I can be a bit squeamish, I like it when it's supposed to be funny and I know it's fake.
    Last edited by hayday; Oct 1, 2020 at 02:56 PM.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

watching in plain sight not a bad show really easy on the brains good looking cast so yeah not bad
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    Anyone not watching Amazon Prime's The Boys is making a serious mistake. It's a saracastic and dystopic interpretation of the superhero genre. It is crass and vulgar, it is very bloody (but in a comical way), and it is hilarious. Also, Ted Lasso is wonderful; Apple tv. It's an admittedly contrived take on English football in which Ted, played by Jason Sudekis, plays a US football coach who is recruited to coach an English football team. It isn't LOL funny, but it is endearingly funny. It is cute and warm and very enjoyable. Jason Sudekis can do more than just slapstick comedy.
    I've not been up to start the second season of the Boys. I will some day. I agree with mlcor on it.

I love Ted Lasso for the great characters. Next to Miss Maisel my favorite show on TV. Sad that the final episode is this Friday. Probably the only show since I cut the cable 6 years ago that I actually watch the minute each episode is available.
    Last edited by Samanator; Sep 30, 2020 at 07:48 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

5. Likes hayday liked this post
    Fargo is back!

7. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Fargo is back!

Annoying neither or prime nor netflix.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Annoying neither or prime nor netflix.
    Nope, it’s on an ancient conventional tv channel, at least here.

TV you just love (or at least really like)

My wife and I have tried to limit or cut out most highly violent TV during these times. Bored while working until midnight Wednesday I put on the boys. Not to give away anything I watched until the boating accident. That went so over the line I was done.

Started Utopia last night with a thirty person body count at the end of the first episode. May not see the end the rest of this one either though the story is ten times better than the Boys.

To the lighter side the NetFlix ten story Dolly Parton series Heart Strings was excellent and had a great cast of actors that have not seen in a bit for each story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Samanator; Oct 2, 2020 at 02:41 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I've not been up to start the second season of the Boys. I will some day. I agree with mlcor on it.

I love Ted Lasso for the great characters. Next to Miss Maisel my favorite show on TV. Sad that the final episode is this Friday. Probably the only show since I cut the cable 6 years ago that I actually watch the minute each episode is available.
    I do want to watch Ted Lasso. I just can’t figure out how to get Apple TV to play on my TV.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I do want to watch Ted Lasso. I just can’t figure out how to get Apple TV to play on my TV.
    There's an app for that.