Likes Likes:  1,063
Page 152 of 278 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2774

Thread: TV you just love (or at least really like)

Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    Did anyone see Gone Fishing with Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse? TV that made me feel genuinely happy.

I saw some of them, and they were excellent. Human, touching and very real.

Just binged all 16 episodes of "Bring it on Ghost" on Netflix.
    Korean TV comedy series where a guy can see ghosts after an incident as a young kid...
    Very funny and enjoyable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ro63rto View Post
    Just binged all 16 episodes of "Bring it on Ghost" on Netflix.
    Korean TV comedy series where a guy can see ghosts after an incident as a young kid...
    Very funny and enjoyable.
    Kind of sounds like Deadbeat, which was funny for the first two seasons. Stupid, but funny.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

My goodness, how good was Glenda Jackson in ‘Elizabeth Is Missing’?

The Telegraph declared: "Glenda Jackson is on award-winning form in this unforgettable dementia drama." Anita Singh wrote: "If you are an actress hoping to win a Bafta in February, and your name is not Glenda Jackson, I regret to inform you that this is not your year. In Elizabeth Is Missing, Jackson gave one of the performances of her lifetime."

Absolutely wonderful, and one of the best things I’ve seen in ages.

Finished watching "Oh My Ghost" on Netflix yesterday.
    Another Korean drama. Getting addicted to these, especially the ones with cute leading ladies

Episode 8 of mandalorian is so good
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

7. Likes Perseus liked this post
    well been looking at a lot fan zine done starwars what with the badly done editing wrong clothes and mixed story lines not found a decent one yet..... watch rogue one again ..and if I keep telling myself it's just a movie ..it was ok one of the better ones but killing off poe their seems backwards when in other films /tv shows he lives

watching a good cartoon series called star wars resistance and am liking it they have seem to catch that 80's vibe of star wars feeling hard to explain maybe they are not taking it to serious maybe I don't know seems to work . has a living poe after the battle of Scarif in it thou

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Episode 8 of mandalorian is so good
    I mean, this whole season has been 9s or better with the exception of The Gunslinger, which was probably an 8 or at worst a 7. I think, though, if they positioned The Gunslinger before Sanctuary, people wouldn't have reacted so negatively to it. It just felt like a letdown and a bit of a distraction after the Sorgen escapades. However, The Mandalorian ran with a concept (Boba Fett looked cool) and has turned it into a dope ****ing show that's decently well written (I mean, there are some issues with the decision-making and some knowledge gaps that don't strictly make the most sense) and very well directed.

10. Likes geoffbot, Perseus liked this post
    8 was the best! It's it a season finale?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    8 was the best! It's it a season finale?
    So good. Lots of interesting implications for Moff Gideon after that.

SPOILERS FOR THE MANDALORIAN. LOOK AWAY NOW:

Are you familiar with the Darksaber Moff Gideon used to get out of his TIE? I don't know how much of the deeper lore you're into. The Darksaber was created by the first Mandalorian to ever become a Jedi, and then after he died, it was kept in a Jedi Temple until members of his clan stole it and used it in various operations, including fighting the Jedi during the Clone Wars. I've wondered for years how it would look in a live action setting and I was not disappointed. It's considered very important to Mandalorians and a symbol of leadership. So it's possible that Gideon is himself Mandalorian traitor or it may just be that he's stolen the most important artifact of their culture. We see a very interesting side of Mandalorians here, with our guy being a foundling and not from Mandalore or Concordia. Normally, armor is passed down for generations and is often hundreds or even thousands of years old. If the Jedi were an analogue to Catholic priests, then Mandalorians are an analogue to samurai. That's what makes them so interesting to me.

13. Likes geoffbot liked this post