Likes Likes:  596
Page 183 of 185 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185 LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1848

Thread: TV you just love (or at least really like)

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Homecoming began as a audio drama, and was really cool. The first season of the tv show was lackluster so I passed on the second.
    Good call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Saturday evening while we were driving back from the Lake on I-95 getting ready to exit for our house I was reminded that just because you can afford a car does not make you capable of driving it. One of these, in this exact color, must have been weaving between lanes in excess of 150mph. I was doing the posted 70mph in the far right lane with my signal on to turn into the exit lane once I arrived at it held mostly by traffic. As I started to go over after checking all my mirror which were clear. After I completed my merge about two seconds later, I noticed something flash in my mirrors, and I looked into the rear view mirror. Here came this thing barreling around from behind other cars a few lanes over. I guess he though his speed could to go around anything? Then I see all four wheel wells and brakes pouring out smoke and the car had snapped sideways. I floored the gas and he just missed the back end as the car spun around 2-3 times. I was happy to park the car three minutes later in the garage. I have no clue where he thought he was going? This kind of thing belongs only on a race track.
    Itís a bit much for the road, perhaps, but there are far more powerful cars out there. Hell, even a base model Corvette is faster in a straight line. For me, the power of the GT350 isnít the big draw; itís the handling. Itís the best handling Mustang of all time.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    It’s a bit much for the road, perhaps, but there are far more powerful cars out there. Hell, even a base model Corvette is faster in a straight line. For me, the power of the GT350 isn’t the big draw; it’s the handling. It’s the best handling Mustang of all time.
    More the statement was to his antics than the car. I've driven it on the track and there is a very short list of things faster than it there.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

4. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I just finished Search Party season 3 and it was brilliant, as to be expected. Started Doom Patrol S2 and it also continues to impress—how they can take what is essentially a team of loser X-Men and turn it into a deeply engaging character-driven drama while not losing the off-the-wall weirdness of the source material is a mystery to me.

But right now, I’m loving HBO’s Perry Mason. I love a noir detective story and Matthew Rhys is a fantastic actor. If you’ve seen the Americans, you already know this. Orphan Black powerhouse Tatiana Maslany is also in it, but her role is yet to fully bloom. John Lithgow is predictably good and while Juliet Rylance doesn’t have the same quiet gravitas as her stepfather, she’s more than holding her own and is stealing a few scenes for herself as well.

And it’s once again got me wondering if I could pull off wearing a hat. Would that be a classic touch or would it be a douchey one?
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

TV you just love (or at least really like)

Iíve only watched the first episode and wasnít all that impressed. I thought it was dark and plodding. Yeah, I know, noir. But even so...

The fact that they take the mystery out of it by showing whodunnit in the first episode was also not helpful.

But I really like the cast so Iíll keep watching at least for a few more episodes and see if it gets more interesting.

which version the old black and white ones use to love them as a kid /teen but find them a bit hmmm yeah now somethings don't age well, but not sure if it's me or the tv shows
    one night I dreamed I was locked in my fathers watch, with Ptolemy and twenty one ruby stars mounted on spheres and the primum mobile coiled and gleaming to the end of space and the notched spheres eating each other's rinds to the last tooth of time and the case closed - John Ciardi ...

https://emgwatches.com/
    http://www.instagram.com/iyonk_strap/
    http://wristwatchreview.co.uk/

ЖИЗНЬ НЕ ОСТАНАВЛИВАЕТСЯ, ПРОХОДИТ ТОЛЬКО ВРЕМЯ.
    Russian Watches

Itís a brand new show, and takes place when heís a PI, before he becomes a lawyer.

9. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    And itís once again got me wondering if I could pull off wearing a hat. Would that be a classic touch or would it be a douchey one?
    I wouldn't shy away from a hat. The tricky part is finding a hat you feel comfortable in. I've seen Brad Pitt and McQueen rock these driving hats:

Some of Pitt's hats are clearly outside my comfort zone.

11. Likes Raza liked this post
    If you look like Brad Pitt you can wear whatever the hell you like.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

13. Likes wschofield3 liked this post

And it’s once again got me wondering if I could pull off wearing a hat. Would that be a classic touch or would it be a douchey one?
    I like to wear flat caps (I call then Chappies). I think you should give it a try.

Also I need to star the Perry Mason series but you can't binge them unfortunately. I'm letting a few accumulate before I start.

15. Likes Raza liked this post