Likes Likes:  1,092
Page 279 of 286 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 2851

Thread: TV you just love (or at least really like)

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Fallout?

I’m three episodes in and I’m enjoying it so far. I was really worried when I saw it was Jonathan Nolan, because, well, Westworld was terrible and basically was an amateurish attempt at an Abrams-style mystery box show (and even in Fallout, they’ve been putting some things into the mystery box, but so far it hasn’t been overbearing), but I’ve been pleasantly surprised. Walton Goggins generally elevates anything he’s in and Ella Purnell is showing off her acting chops after her time on Yellowjackets. Really looking forward to finishing this one.
    Not aware of that one—what streaming service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Not aware of that one—what streaming service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It’s on Prime. Based on the Fallout game series (but I believe it’s an original story, not based on any one particular game; though so far, it reminds me a lot of Fallout 4, but to be fair, that’s the only Fallout game I’m familiar with).

It’s set in a post-apocalypse retrofuturistic world and follows a young woman who has left her Vault, which are underground bunker societies developed as a way to rebuild America should nuclear war come. Of course, it does (and this is opening scene stuff, I’m not ruining anything), leaving those in the Vaults protected from the radiation and the people—and wildlife—above exposed.

It’s got a bit of a steampunky-retrofuture Tomorrowland-Western aesthetic in the episodes I’ve seen, which is consistent with what I know of the games.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

3. Likes mlcor liked this post
    I was super excited about fallout from the trailer. It's okay so far, not amazing, but I'm enjoying it.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    Fallout I presume? I thought it was good.
    Yes I just realized it did not keep the edit. Took seven tries for some reason for the edits to take.
    Last edited by Samanator; Apr 18, 2024 at 05:58 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Blog Entries
    Been watching Colin from Accounts on Paramount+ and The Cleaner on BritBox lately. Don’t have time to get into details now, but I have been impressed by both. Colin from Accounts currently has one season, but I’ve read a second is coming. The Cleaner is two seasons, typical British, so two seasons is about one and a half episodes and a Christmas special. Both are comedies; The Cleaner isn’t really laugh out loud funny, it’s more of a dark comedy, but it has its moments and it’s surprisingly touching as well.

7. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    I saw some of The Cleaner when it was on the BBC. It was original and nicely done. Not outstanding, but then the makers probably had quite modest ambitions.

Please note comedy accordingly so I can save my time and carry on living my life.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Please note comedy accordingly so I can save my time and carry on living my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Both are comedies
    Come on, son.

I skim read

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I skim read

Also, you don’t watch comedies?