Likes Likes:  1,089
Page 175 of 284 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2839

Thread: TV you just love (or at least really like)

I thought season 2 of Jack Ryan was a big let down.

2. Likes gnuyork liked this post

TV you just love (or at least really like)

You need to watch Bosch. Next to Miss Massel, it is my favorite show on anything.

We buy so much stuff on Prime that Prime membership is just a given. I take it for granted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Samanator; May 15, 2020 at 08:48 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post

Just finished it now. Terrible.

5. Likes Perseus liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Really? I thought it was a significant improvement over the first season.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post

It's pretty bad. Tom Clancy should be ashamed, and so should John Krasinski.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Agree to disagree, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Story issues aside, I didn't love what they did the Jack Ryan's character. In the books and the Harrison Ford movies, Jack Ryan is not field operative or a military stud. He's an analyst who gets thrown into a few wild situations, which require some fighting and shooting from time to time. He's not ripped and he doesn't have hookups with random women. In the Hunt for Red October Ryan thinks about how he needs to exercise more because he's putting on weight from all the sitting around due to his desk job as an analyst. These are things I can get past and will keep watching the show. Although, I think season 2 could easily have had some great twists and turns which left me disappointed.

10. Likes Samanator liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Story issues aside, I didn't love what they did the Jack Ryan's character. In the books and the Harrison Ford movies, Jack Ryan is not field operative or a military stud. He's an analyst who gets thrown into a few wild situations, which require some fighting and shooting from time to time. He's not ripped and he doesn't have hookups with random women. In the Hunt for Red October Ryan thinks about how he needs to exercise more because he's putting on weight from all the sitting around due to his desk job as an analyst. These are things I can get past and will keep watching the show. Although, I think season 2 could easily have had some great twists and turns which left me disappointed.
    I agree that it's a new characterization of Jack Ryan, but I had no problems with it. At some point, after being thrown into the action enough times, you should know what you're doing, right? Jack Ryan was former military in the books, though, wasn't he? Like, the helicopter crash was established (as I recall, they even did it in Shadow Recruit, which was very blah).

Watched the pilot of "Hightown" on Starz - and as a first show, we will come back for more. Another show taking place in Massachusetts, this time, in P'Town on Cape Cod, the Cape being stomping grounds of mine and my wife's families in the summer time since we were tots - so we felt it appropriately reflective of the underbelly of the Cape community - and the accents are, miraculously, fairly spot on.

A bit too much "basic cable" than others, but we will give it a few more episodes to see if it keeps holding our attention.

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Except Tom Clancy was dead 6 years before season 1 aired, and 7 years before season 2 came out. It says in the credits adapted from the characters created by Tom Clancy. Neither season one or two are even close to the events in Clancy's books except for the names. James Greer is suppose to be a former Navy Admiral who dies of cancer. Pretty much worked a desk, and the Government conference rooms in the books. They are missing John Clark who seems more like his roll was morphed into what Jack Ryan roll is in the movies. Jack Ryans girlfriend/wife Kathy worked at Johns Hopkins and was a famous eye surgeon. I can go on, but I guess what I'm saying is any resemblance to anything Clancy is by character name only. The rest they distorted and screwed up. Filter out any expectation to anything Clancy and view them written by someone who just asked Tom to give them a few character names (That are nearly all a variation of the same name), and stories dreamed up by someone without Tom's off the chart technical writing skills. They are entertaining, just not great.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

14. Likes gnuyork, Perseus liked this post