Likes Likes:  1,089
Page 186 of 284 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2839

Thread: TV you just love (or at least really like)

We recently finished The Umbrella Academy, Travelers, and Halt and Catch Fire. I recommend all of them. Looking forward to another season of Ozarks.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Just finished Perry Mason. I'm very glad I stuck with it, as the show got better with each episode. I will admit that once they got to the courtroom, it got a bit unrealistic. Once upon a time I was a trial lawyer in the US, and I can tell you that some of the antics pulled by counsel on both sides would have resulted in more consequences than a breezy "Withdrawn" from the counsel in question. But that's true of every courtroom show I've ever seen. If they played it like real life, it would be unspeakably boring.

I know you’re on the old side, but you weren’t practicing in the 1930s, right? Our justice system has come a little ways from then. Made a few tweaks. Gotten slightly better.

Though I’m sure I was yelling objection at the TV at the same times you were.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

3. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    I like the sound of the Perry Mason show, need to find out if it’s on over here.

Late to the party, but I’m really enjoying The Umbrella Academy. It’s inventive and fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It’s an HBO original, so if you have HBO it’ll be available on HBO Max and possibly Amazon Prime at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I know you’re on the old side, but you weren’t practicing in the 1930s, right? Our justice system has come a little ways from then. Made a few tweaks. Gotten slightly better.

Though I’m sure I was yelling objection at the TV at the same times you were.
    Ha ha. Nope, but I was in the courtroom in the 1980’s, and the basic rules of evidence and cross-examination hadn’t changed much in 50 years...

6. Likes Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    It’s an HBO original, so if you have HBO it’ll be available on HBO Max and possibly Amazon Prime at some point.
    Yes, it’s already on HBO Max. Unless of course you’re still waiting for the hissy fit between them, Roku and Amazon to be over...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Ha ha. Nope, but I was in the courtroom in the 1980’s, and the basic rules of evidence and cross-examination hadn’t changed much in 50 years...

Well, there are the basic rules of evidence and there’s how much they’re enforced. Today a case like the one on Perry Mason likely wouldn’t ever even get to trial, it was so thin. But back then, I have to imagine things were more lax and more biased towards the prosecution. Of course it’s sensationalized for TV (I remember an episode of Daredevil where Murdock was given leave to treat a witness as hostile and then simply addressed the jury directly for the rest of his direct without asking any further questions to him), but I wouldn’t be surprised if it weren’t more accurate to the time than we modern folks would figure.

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    I like the sound of the Perry Mason show, need to find out if it’s on over here.

Late to the party, but I’m really enjoying The Umbrella Academy. It’s inventive and fun.

The Mrs. and I are two episodes in and we both like it so far.

Rust Valley Restorers is back!!!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

11. Likes Sedi liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I really enjoyed the first episode of Lovecraft Country and I’m looking forward to the second episode tonight.

We are 3 seasons into House Of Cards. AMAZING.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job