Likes Likes:  1,089
Page 280 of 284 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 2836

Thread: TV you just love (or at least really like)

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post

Also, you don’t watch comedies?
    Not series. Well, Brooklyn 99 which I never finished, but should do some time soon.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Not series. Well, Brooklyn 99 which I never finished, but should do some time soon.
    Brooklyn 99 was a really good one.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Shogun is good so far
    Tried watching it, did not make it past first episode. Too many shock scenes, not my cuppa. Seemed more focused on being outlandish than story telling

Just my 0.02 obviously

Fallout?

I’m three episodes in and I’m enjoying it so far. I was really worried when I saw it was Jonathan Nolan, because, well, Westworld was terrible and basically was an amateurish attempt at an Abrams-style mystery box show (and even in Fallout, they’ve been putting some things into the mystery box, but so far it hasn’t been overbearing), but I’ve been pleasantly surprised. Walton Goggins generally elevates anything he’s in and Ella Purnell is showing off her acting chops after her time on Yellowjackets. Really looking forward to finishing this one.
    I've been meaning to watch Yellowjackets, but after the Wilds on Amazon series, I was a bit hesitant. That was one part of "Lost," and one part was far too lame to change my mind and watch Yellowjackets since it seemed similar.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    Tried watching it, did not make it past first episode. Too many shock scenes, not my cuppa. Seemed more focused on being outlandish than story telling

Just my 0.02 obviously
    Yeah, fair.
    Everything is pretty violent these days...
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I've been meaning to watch Yellowjackets, but after the Wilds on Amazon series, I was a bit hesitant. That was one part of "Lost," and one part was far too lame to change my mind and watch Yellowjackets since it seemed similar.
    I watched both seasons of Yellowjackets. Did not care for it. Started out okay, but went off the rails.

OK, watched the first two episodes of Fallout. Not a fan of all the gratuitous gore, but the juxtaposition of the lead's sunny disposition and the bleakness of the rest is amusing enough that I'll keep watching for now.

180 degrees from that, I've watched the first couple of episodes of A Gentleman in Moscow, which is excellent. Ewan McGregor is very good in the lead role. Based on the excellent book of the same name by Amor Towles.

8. Likes Raza, Mediocre liked this post
    Blog Entries
    So, I’m finishing up one of my favorite shows ever, The West Wing. I previously had never seen the crappy 7th season, but I decided that I was going to finish the show’s entire run this time instead of tapering off around season 4 or 5 like I normally do. Season 7 is so incredibly disappointing, but I’m almost done.

And once I am done, I’m going to need another show to put on in the mornings while I’m getting ready and answering emails and the like. Anyone have any ideas? Here’s what I’m looking for:

Long series run; been loving British shows lately, but in 7 seasons, they only muster a total of 12 episodes, so that hardly buys me any time. I’d love at least 3 seasons
    Can’t be crappy; it doesn’t have to be a great show, but it can’t be absolute garbage
    No police procedurals. CSI, NYPD, L+O, NCIS, L+O:CI, L+O:SVU; I’ve seen them all and I’ve seen enough
    No medical shows. “This person’s sick! Now they’re not! Or they died! Let’s all sleep together!” There. I did every medical show.
    Available on a streaming service that I have (kind of goes without saying, I know)

The only exception to the last two rules would be Medical Police, which I definitely recommend for fans of Childrens Hospital, but also only ran for one season (Geoff, avert your eyes, it’s a comedy).
    Last edited by Raza; Apr 23, 2024 at 02:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    OK, watched the first two episodes of Fallout. Not a fan of all the gratuitous gore, but the juxtaposition of the lead's sunny disposition and the bleakness of the rest is amusing enough that I'll keep watching for now.

180 degrees from that, I've watched the first couple of episodes of A Gentleman in Moscow, which is excellent. Ewan McGregor is very good in the lead role. Based on the excellent book of the same name by Amor Towles.
    I think it might be a comment on today’s television, but I didn’t think the gore was all that egregious. It’s a bit bloody, but compared to a lot of shows—even including prestige TV—it almost felt tame. Odd to say that about a show that has a beheading, but still. Compared to The Walking Dead or even Game of Thrones, it’s basically the Muppet Babies.

I’ve been considering checking out A Gentleman in Moscow, I think you just put me over the edge. I’m going to give it a try. I love Ewan McGregor and I’m told his lovely wife, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, is in it as well and she’s a pretty good actress herself.

11. Likes mlcor liked this post
    So, I’m finishing up one of my favorite shows ever, The West Wing. I previously had never seen the crappy 7th season, but I decided that I was going to finish the show’s entire run this time instead of tapering off around season 4 or 5 like I normally do. Season 7 is so incredibly disappointing, but I’m almost done.

And once I am done, I’m going to need another show to put on in the mornings while I’m getting ready and answering emails and the like. Anyone have any ideas? Here’s what I’m looking for:

Long series run; been loving British shows lately, but in 7 seasons, they only muster a total of 12 episodes, so that hardly buys me any time. I’d love at least 3 seasons
    Can’t be crappy; it doesn’t have to be a great show, but it can’t be absolute garbage
    No police procedurals. CSI, NYPD, L+O, NCIS, L+O:CI, L+O:SVU; I’ve seen them all and I’ve seen enough
    No medical shows. “This person’s sick! Now they’re not! Or they died! Let’s all sleep together!” There. I did every medical show.
    Available on a streaming service that I have (kind of goes without saying, I know)

The only exception to the last two rules would be Medical Police, which I definitely recommend for fans of Childrens Hospital, but also only ran for one season (Geoff, avert your eyes, it’s a comedy).
    Funnily enough, I'm re-watching WW as well, still in the good seasons...

Let's see. It's dated, like most shows of its era, but how about Boston Legal? The first four seasons at least are good, William Shatner and James Spader are hysterical together. It gets weird and not so good after (I think) season four, but until then it's quite good IMO. On Hulu, I believe.

I know you said no medical shows, but have you ever seen House, with Hugh Laurie? It's not so much a medical show as an in depth look at a high functioning but deeply troubled individual in a job with power and responsibility they shouldn't have despite their capabilities. The show isn't terribly realistic in that his character would have lost his license and/or ended up bankrupt/in jail pretty quickly, but still kind of interesting. On Amazon.

Oh, and even though I'm not a huge comedy fan (unlike Mrs. Cor), just started the second season of Kim's Convenience on Netflix, and it is excellent.

13. Likes Raza liked this post