Likes Likes:  1,089
Page 198 of 283 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2830

Thread: TV you just love (or at least really like)

The Flight Attendant - I watched every available episode in one sitting (because I couldn't sleep)... good show so far.

2. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME SEASON 2 OF MANDALORIAN WAS OUT
    How did you miss that. That's like missing a sonic boom.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

@geoffbot .... Season 2 of the Mandalorian is out

5. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    OK, I'm sure Raza will leap to its defense, but for me, The Mandalorian gets a solid B-. It's like a good '70's western weekly TV show with better CGI. Almost no plot to speak of and an expressionless cowboy as the main character trying endlessly to return a cute lost puppy. You can easily turn into any episode at random and not be lost. Yes, there are undercurrents of another backstory about the Mandalorians, but if you're like me and not particularly knowledgeable about the arcana of Star Wars, the references are too fleeting to be compelling. I do find the show entertaining (I'm through season 2 episode 3 so far), but not deserving of all the superlatives that have been heaped upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    OK, I'm sure Raza will leap to its defense, but for me, The Mandalorian gets a solid B-. It's like a good '70's western weekly TV show with better CGI. Almost no plot to speak of and an expressionless cowboy as the main character trying endlessly to return a cute lost puppy. You can easily turn into any episode at random and not be lost. Yes, there are undercurrents of another backstory about the Mandalorians, but if you're like me and not particularly knowledgeable about the arcana of Star Wars, the references are too fleeting to be compelling. I do find the show entertaining (I'm through season 2 episode 3 so far), but not deserving of all the superlatives that have been heaped upon it.
    think that could be said of starwars the early years

so think it's the fact they don't take themselves to seriously and just a bit of fun and got a good looking cast don't hurt some times fun to switch your brain off and just chill this one does that yeah think it's great but yeah can see how some might not get it think it's a firefly type deal but manged to get more series out of it I re watched the first series after watching the first of the second series so yeah not knowing starwars should not really matter you may miss some of the in jokes but thats not so important
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    How did you miss that. That's like missing a sonic boom.
    Dunno, Turkey maybe?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    @geoffbot .... Season 2 of the Mandalorian is out
    Fantastic - thank you mate
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I just find it entertaining. Not every show can be the perfect metaphor for the human condition. Some shows I like becuase they're funny or interesting. I think The Mandelorian is a great show. I just like watching it.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

11. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Halfway into Season 1 of The Queen’s Gambit on Netflix. Enjoying it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have been working my way through Star Trek: Voyager which I had previously only watched in bits and pieces. While not up to TNG in either writing or acting, it holds up well and it is better than I remembered. (Watching a show sequentially is fun. It gives you a deeper window into characters’ development. You can also spot, from a mile away, when the writers were out of gas (cue episodes revolving around holodeck malfunctions, parallel universes, transporter accidents, etc.).

I’m starting the 7th and final season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes wschofield3 liked this post