Likes Likes:  1,057
Page 2 of 277 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: TV you just love (or at least really like)

Blog Entries
    I watch these when they come out because they are worth juggling my schedule for:

Supernatural (Sam, Dean, Cas.....yum)

Walking Dead (Andy has come a long way since silenty declaring his love to Keira Knightley)

Justified (which just ended its run)

Teen Wolf (my guilty pleasure: pretty bodies, silly stories, teen angst, adult drama, love, death)

Daredevil (I included this here because I watched it immediately when it came out even though I had to watch it on Netflix)

Duke men's basketball games during the season (don't call me when one is on, I won't answer unless you're my mother and even then I have to think about it)

Longmire (Raza is wrong)

Sherlock (BBC)

Stuff I Netflix because it's entertaining to some degree but not necessarily compelling and / or particularly good:

Suits (Ridiculous premise but the clothes are great and the people so delightfully amoral)

White Collar (I like caper stories)

Bones (She's annoying but I manage to overlook)

Grimm (Stupid but fun and I'm crushing on Cpt Renard)

True Blood (past its sell by, but I feel obligated to see it through to the end if only to watch Bill die)

Glee (enjoy the singing and dancing)

Stuff I discovered way too late but would have re-arranged my schedule for if I had known:

Firefly (http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...out-there-****)

Veronica Mars (I'm a Marshmallow)

Buffy (Girl power. One of the best things on television ever)

The Wire (Everything Homicide: Life on the Streets wanted to be but wasn't. Incredible show)

Stuff everyone else loves that you couldn't pay me to watch again:

Game of Thrones (Kill them all. Quickly. Painfully.)

True Detective (Ditto. I turn off Lincoln commercials now.)

Deadwood (wanted to love it. didn't)

Stuff that's in my Netflix queue:

Mentalist

Boardwalk Empire

Luther

Elementary

Gotham

Sleepy Hollow

Stuff that sounds mildly intriguing and may make my queue:

Agent Carter

Agents of Shield

Jeannie, who will probably think of some more
    Last edited by Jeannie; May 14, 2015 at 02:55 PM.
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

2. Likes geoffbot, Colin63 liked this post
    Since 2009 I haven't watched much more than my box set of Black Books......

I watched a few of justified and quite enjoyed it. Could get back into it. Not Gotham though. Firefly was ace. I need to watch more BSG. True detective is awesome. Might watch daredevil. Maybe.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Luther started off sooooo promising and had a really good couple of episodes. Then it went off the rails quick. It's a half decent show, but it falls too much into the murder fetishism category that I find British shows tend to nowadays.

Sleepy Hollow is surprisingly good. My brother convinced me to watch it, as I was very skeptical, but it's a lot of fun to watch.

Veronica Mars is fantastic. It's funny, I started watching it like 10 years ago, but never got around to watching the third season. So I'm working through that now and then I'll watch the movie. Buffy is another one of those shows that you feel like it should be a guilty pleasure, but it's not, because it's so damn good. V.Mars and Buffy are both excellent shows with no qualifiers.
    Longmire sucks.

Agent Carter was far superior to Agents of SHIELD. AOS is the most castrated show on television. No one ever dies, the peril never feels real, and the "good guys" never do anything remotely edgy. The ballsiest thing they've done is kill off some fringe characters. Agent Carter did not mess around on that front. I was very happy to find out that it got renewed for a second seasons.

The Mentalist....man, I know I shouldn't like it because it's a CBS show and I'm not 80, but I really, really liked it. First few seasons were awesome. Yeah, they screwed up later on, but they still salvaged it. A very nice show, made by the likable characters.

True Detective was amazing and possibly the best single season of TV in history. Can't wait for the second season. Cautiously high hopes.

Daredevil was great. I've already watched it twice, thinking about a third.

White Collar was nice, but that ending was a big letdown. A BIG letdown. Kind of infuriating.

On the subject of TV, there is going to be a primetime Muppet show, aimed at adult viewers. Documentary-style, behind the scenes type show. Like The Office, but with Muppets. I was kind of getting sick of the The Muppets. Their universally acclaimed movie with Jason Segel, and since he's kind of annoying and there were way too many songs, I was thoroughly underwhelmed (not to mention the horribly generic villain...even the panned Muppets from Space movie had a more well thought out villain). But this looks fantastic, I can't wait for it.

http://www.ign.com/tv/the-muppets-abc

Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    i seldom watch tv becouse i don't like fiction, but i do enjoy "parts unknown" with Anthony Bourdain. The new season has recently started
    Don't even know when it's on (or the channel) but I've seen maybe two or three episodes of it. A really enjoyable, well done show. Doubt I'll go out of my way to see it still (so many shows, so little time) but always pleasantly surprised when I happen onto it.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

7. Likes I-B liked this post
    Luther was quite good. I'll probably watch the next season. I'll probs not watch the next season of homeland or the bridge. SOA and BB just make everything else look pony.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    I watch these when they come out because they are worth juggling my schedule for:

Supernatural (Sam, Dean, Cas.....yum)

Walking Dead (Andy has come a long way since silenty declaring his love to Keira Knightley)

Justified (which just ended its run)

Teen Wolf (my guilty pleasure: pretty bodies, silly stories, teen angst, adult drama, love, death)

Daredevil (I included this here because I watched it immediately when it came out even though I had to watch it on Netflix)

Duke men's basketball games during the season (don't call me when one is one, I won't answer)

Longmire (Raza is wrong)

Sherlock (BBC)

Stuff I Netflix because it's entertaining to some degree but not necessarily compelling and / or particularly good:

Suits (Ridiculous premise but the clothes are great and the people so delightfully amoral)

White Collar (I like caper stories)

Bones (She's annoying but I manage to overlook)

Grimm (Stupid but fun and I'm crushing on Cpt Renard)

True Blood (past its sell by, but I feel obligated to see it through to the end if only to watch Bill die)

Glee (enjoy the singing and dancing)

Stuff I discovered way too late but would have re-arranged my schedule for if I had known:

Firefly (http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...out-there-****)

Veronica Mars (I'm a Marshmallow)

Buffy (Girl power. One of the best things on television ever)

The Wire (Everything Homicide: Life on the Streets wanted to be but wasn't. Incredible show)

Stuff everyone else loves that you couldn't pay me to watch again:

Game of Thrones (Kill them all. Quickly. Painfully.)

True Detective (Ditto. I turn off Lincoln commercials now.)

Deadwood (wanted to love it. didn't)

Stuff that's in my Netflix queue:

Mentalist

Boardwalk Empire

Luther

Elementary

Gotham

Sleepy Hollow

Stuff that sounds mildly intriguing and may make my queue:

Agent Carter

Agents of Shield

Jeannie, who will probably think of some more
    Jeannie, curious about the "even though I had to watch it on Netflix" comment. Does that mean you're watching on your computer? (Probably not, but reading it got me thinking). For anyone who doesn't yet stream online to the main TV, I highly recommend it. A ton of options out there, I started off with a "smart" Blu Ray player for I think $80. It would do Netflix but not Amazon Prime. Then, I got a small Sony BluRay that did do Amazon. Now I'm up to a really big screen LED smart TV in the living room that streams a ton of sources, and about to install one on the wall in my bedroom (what I should be doing now instead of reading/posting here!).

Roku is also a streaming option, as is Google TV and others. For those who don't stream onto your main TV, it is far worth it! Imagine surfing YouTube from the main TV, lots of great stuff there, including now a lot of full length movies, tons of concerts etc. etc.... And you can do your search from your smart phone and play it on the TV!

Brings me to another of my "regular watched" things on TV. YouTube! Okay, not a show, but it's got so much content. Guitar "how to's", welding tutorials, how to install electrical work, concerts and movies are all things I've watched recently on the big screen. For those who like him, I recommend Joe Bonamasa's "Muddy Wolf at Red Rocks". Tribute to Muddy Waters and Howlin' Wolf, the entire show in HD available on YouTube, a great watch!

Oh and Jeannie, definitely watch Agent Carter. It's only 9 episodes, and she rocks! Talk about girl power, she has it all over the men on the show (at first it seems only she knows it). Too cool indeed. Boardwalk Empire also highly recommended.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Luther was quite good. I'll probably watch the next season. I'll probs not watch the next season of homeland or the bridge. SOA and BB just make everything else look pony.
    Okay, until last night's Jimmy Fallon Late Show (which I generally don't watch) I'd not have had a clue what you meant by "look pony". Jason Statham's wife- could have sworn they said girlfriend, but Google says wife, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was on. They were talking about Cockney Rhyming Slang. I still have no idea how it works, and why pony means crap (threw Fallon for a loop too). And why "one and twos" is shoes, but rhythm and blues means nothing at all... But don't even know how we get from pony to crap (where's the rhyme?).
    Regards, T Bone

11. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post

Wildlife Documentaries mostly nowadays.

....and off beat older films , but I've recorded most of them now.

I'll come back and add to this I think.

Nice idea for the thread , we're not going to have a 'TV that you just think Meh to, that you can take or leave' are we ?
    Mayyybe..... maybe not. Hmm.
    Regards, T Bone

what is members opinion of lost girl and dark angel I notice is being rerun to I did do a dark angel thread some time back plus a red dwarf also like such greats as married with children .. mork and mindy .. the monsters and The Beverly Hillbillies love some of the older t'v series more then some of the modern stuff but do like person of interest and saw this one and have started to get in to it special unit 2
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1