Likes Likes:  1,057
Page 3 of 277 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: TV you just love (or at least really like)

oh and the finder and of cause firefly buck roger knight rider both old and new and hawaii five 0 new and old
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Okay, until last night's Jimmy Fallon Late Show (which I generally don't watch) I'd not have had a clue what you meant by "look pony". Jason Statham's wife- could have sworn they said girlfriend, but Google says wife, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was on. They were talking about Cockney Rhyming Slang. I still have no idea how it works, and why pony means crap (threw Fallon for a loop too). And why "one and twos" is shoes, but rhythm and blues means nothing at all... But don't even know how we get from pony to crap (where's the rhyme?).
    Pony and trap!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

3. Likes pepperami, T Bone liked this post
    Hawaii Five O new; Like it a lot, lost track somewhere in season 2 or 3 when working 7/12s and an hour commute for several months. I'd resolved to catch back up by DVR at home, switched service before watching. Planned to buy DVDs, recently found they are on Netflix, so... another binge coming up after next job (which I start Monday, working 5/11s going to 6 days soon- a month or two is all, thankfully as also over an hour commute each way). The original was cool. Book 'im Danno!

Loved Dark Angel. Heard it was back, but I've seen them all.

Lost Girl, never even heard of . Knight Rider, must've been bored because I never liked it, but watched a bunch of them for some reason... they have a new one??
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Pony and trap!
    Yeah, Rosie said that too. Still clueless.... they trap ponies?
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Wow T-bone you really haven't got a scooby doo

A pony is 25 quid

Yeah, Rosie said that too. Still clueless.... they trap ponies?
    It means horse and cart (archaic).
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by pepperami View Post
    Wow T-bone you really haven't got a scooby doo

A pony is 25 quid
    Okay, "Clue". Got it. But Pony and trap???
    Regards, T Bone

The only really good bit of rhyming slang is Berk, a word universally accepted as unproblematic

Okay, "Clue". Got it. But Pony and trap???
    = Crap.

Barney rubble = trouble but here in Ireland we shorten it to barney...all very strange

Blog Entries
    Jeannie, curious about the "even though I had to watch it on Netflix" comment. Does that mean you're watching on your computer?
    No. I have Apple TV on both my flat screens so I watched it on one of them. The comment was to clarify why it was in the "watch when it comes out" section instead of the "watched on Netflix" section. It's a watch when it comes out show regardless of venue.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

12. Likes T Bone liked this post