Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simpsons without Shearer

Simpsons without Shearer

Harry Shearer is leaving the cast of the Simpsons. If the quotes I've just read are accurate his characters will be voiced by other people.

Does this have the makings of car crash television?

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Harry is a great artist but I have no doubt they will be able to find others who can voice those characters brilliantly. Lots of talented people out there, and it's not as if there's any shortage of prior material to study if there's a question about how to approach a certain word or phrase.

I'm sure they'll cope.

The Simpsons is about writing, imo.

Are they still making that show??

6. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    The show will soon end, which is quite sad. On the bright side, The X-Files and the Muppets are coming back!

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Blog Entries
    I love The Simpsons. The newer episodes aren't as sharp as the older, but it's still one of the best shows on TV.

9. Likes hayday liked this post
    Been going downhill for a few years, IMO, now with Harry leaving it will be interesting to see if they can survive more than another year or two.

Although not created, he did contribute alot to the writing and production of the show.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Been going downhill for a few years, IMO, now with Harry leaving it will be interesting to see if they can survive more than another year or two.

Although not created, he did contribute alot to the writing and production of the show.
    I heard tonight that he'd turned down 14 million dollars... wow. Imagine that. He is very talented, voiced Mr. Burns, Ned Flanders, and Principal Skinner. As to replicating the voices, you never know. I thought certain the folks who did Mr. Peabody would get close to the Wally Cox classic, but when I heard the voice, it was as if they never really even tried.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Wally who ?