Japanese watch retailer TiCTAC is celebrating its 35th anniversary this year, and to commemorate the milestone they’ve teamed up with Seiko for two 35th anniversary editions. The two references, SZSB006 and SZSB007, are three-handers with a date, and, as far as aesthetics go, they have a sort of simple-but-elevated field watch vibe to them that’s sure to make them a hit.

Seiko x TiCTAC 35th Anniversary Editions Refs. SZSB006 and SZSB007

• Case Material: Stainless steel*
  • Dial: Matte black; sunburst gray
  • Dimensions: 40mm x 48mm
  • Water Resistance: 10 bar
  • Movement: Seiko 4R35 caliber (automatic)
  • Strap/bracelet: Bracelet (SZSB006); faux-gator leather (SZSB007)
  • Price: About $480 US
  • Expected Release: Available now at TiCTAC; September 21 from affiliated partners

Ref. SZSB006*features a matte black dial with printed hour markers and Arabic numerals at the 12:00 and 6:00 spots. The bordered date window at 3:00 is black text against a white base, but its positioning isn’t disruptive to the overall design. There’s a set of cathedral hands here, which can be divisive, but I think they work well (just as they do on the beloved Seiko Alpinist). Vintage lume is featured on the markers and hands, and while I think it’s not worth getting into the vintage lume debate — at this point you either like it or you don’t, and my personal take is it’s really a case-by-case thing — I’ll just say that I think it works well here. One of my favorite little details on this particular watch is the familiar open “6.” It’s a fun little throwback for those in the know without feeling too derivative.

Ref. SZSB007*takes a slightly dressier approach, swapping out the printed markers with applied ones. Additionally the 6 is closed, which perhaps makes this one a touch less quirky. The dial is rendered in a dynamic gray sunburst, and the whole thing is set off with a lume color that is a bit more subtle overall, which works well with the more classic look of the piece.
Both watches are well sized at 40mm, with a lug-to-lug of 48mm and a thickness of 11mm. Inside the case is a familiar Seiko workhorse, the 4R35 caliber, which is visible through the case’s Hardlex back. Ref.*SZSB006 comes on a matching steel bracelet, while Ref. SZSB007 is paired with a faux-gator leather strap. It’s a shame that both don’t come with a bracelet since it’s easy to get an aftermarket leather strap down the line.

These two editions are priced around $480 US at current exchange rates, and they’re only available in Japan from TiCTAC and select affiliated online sellers. You can learn more here.

The post Seiko Teams Up With Japanese Retailer TiCTAC for Two JDM Anniversary Editions (Refs. SZSB006 and SZSB007) appeared first on Worn & Wound.

More...