Likes Likes:  196
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Saturday - 21 September 2019 »»»»»»»»»

Impressive place to be that old.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    You’ll have to imagine the watch and the noisy pub

It’s welsh isn’t it.

The mountain’s called Electric Mountain cos it’s a hydroelectric power station, built inside the actual mountain

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

2. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Swap out since we’re going out to dinner with friends later. The storms have arrived, which we don’t need on top of all the rain we had earlier this week. River is already three feet above flood stage (although we’re not directly affected).

So something green and pretty waterproof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went in search of Marchlyn Mawr, but I think I approached it from the wrong side.... (from the quarry side)

With a gusting (but warm) 30mph+ wind perched 2000feetup on the side of a 45degree slope isn’t any fun, I tried , but it defeated me.

The wind was ridiculous at times, enough to drive you bonkers, there was no let up !
    Even with a rucksack holding my ‘heavy enough on its own’ tripod down, I still had to hold it just to make sure !

I think there’s a much easier access on the other side of the mountain.

EDIT: I’ve worked out where I went wrong , I thought the access road that I joined going up, went back down towards a town .... turns out it goes down to a T junction, turn left for a town, turn right for access round the back of the mountain up to the reservoir. Irritated now - means I’ll have to go back
    Last edited by Seriously; Sep 21, 2019 at 09:32 PM.
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

««««««««« WRUW - Saturday - 21 September 2019 »»»»»»»»»

Special saturday at brother’s wedding. No better watch for the occasion, than a wedding gift from wife.

This was a good opportunity to use cufflinks I found some years ago, they match the spectrolite dial nicely.

Sent from Maxwell Smart's shoe.
    Last edited by Fantasio; Sep 22, 2019 at 08:55 AM.