Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanium or Bronze ?

Titanium or Bronze ?

Which say you?
    Titanium is Limited edition but has GMT function but is roughly $2k more, or Bronze which is well ....judge for yourself.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Not being a fan of bronze I'd choose the ti. But were I in your position, and genuinely torn, I'd choose the option that is TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS CHEAPER.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

3. Likes Der Amf, I-B liked this post
    The Bronze casework is very very nice ... don't like the hands at all though, in any way whatsoever

The 'Extra Special' cheapens it too though ..... in my opinion
    Last edited by Seriously; May 15, 2015 at 10:36 PM.

This is easy: bronze.

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Bronze of the 2

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

If you like patina and the way a watch ages with time I'd say go with the bronze. You won't get much of that with titanium. I always admired bronze watches just never seen one I liked that much to buy.

I would go with the bronze. I love titanium as a material for watches but a modern material doesn't fit that style imo. A modern pilot like the Stowa Testaf or the Bremont Boeing works well in titanium.

For all the reasons already mentioned, bronze. But Seriously, that "extra special" is extra cheap...
    Chris:

10. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Bronze get's my vote.

Titanium or Bronze ?

Bronze seems like a bit of a fad at the moment but there's no telling whether it will last. I can't think of a watch of the vintage they are emulating that was made of bronze (brass for car clocks is another matter). Watch cases made of copper alloy (which includes brass and bronze) would have been plated back in the days before stainless steel. Titanium has been used longer than raw bronze. It's lighter, stronger, and far more inert and corrosion-resistant than bronze.

But there is another difference. The Pilot Extra Special was from a run that used a Sellita movement. Zenith has ended that, but they will still have to sell what they made. The Pilot GMT uses a Zenith manufacture caliber 682 Elite movement, which is a very high-grade movement indeed. I have a Concord Impresario with the same movement, and it is really excellent. That alone could account for the difference in price.

Rick "who can't be sure without reference numbers" Denney
    Last edited by Rdenney; May 16, 2015 at 01:33 AM.
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.