Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today I Learned

Today I Learned

TIL That the title of '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea' relates to distance travelled rather than depth. 20,000 Leagues would be about 7000 times the depth of the deepest part of the ocean

2. Likes Matt, OhDark30, Mediocre liked this post
    That my football team is a laughing stock.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

That men look at themselves im a mirror an average of 23 times a day, women 14

5. Likes ljb187 liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    TIL That the title of '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea' relates to distance travelled rather than depth. 20,000 Leagues would be about 7000 times the depth of the deepest part of the ocean
    I learned this....now!

Quote Originally Posted by pepperami View Post
    That men look at themselves im a mirror an average of 23 times a day, women 14
    Interesting. I gave this one some thought. In the morning while brushing my teeth and hair, 2-4 times during the day when I happen to be in the restroom, one other time if I shower after my workout over lunch. 23 times? WOAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    I learned this....now!

Interesting. I gave this one some thought. In the morning while brushing my teeth and hair, 2-4 times during the day when I happen to be in the restroom, one other time if I shower after my workout over lunch. 23 times? WOAH!
    Well a factoid very much open to debate..was a competition question on a local radio station

I Googled and here's a an article albeit different stats

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-16-times.html

Women don't use a mirror to shave. Unless it's been a really long time I guess.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

9. Likes pepperami, Nokie liked this post
    A falling knife has no handle. I, technically, didn't learn this today but feel it is information that is too invaluable to not share.

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

11. Likes Matt liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    A falling knife has no handle. I, technically, didn't learn this today but feel it is information that is too invaluable to not share.

-hayday
    That perfectly sums up the difference between intelligence and wisdom. My first thought was, 'of course it does' then I actually thought about it.

I I just learned something...

13. Likes hayday liked this post
    There is no noise in space due to the vacuum.

How can I get my Mother-In-Law to visit this?........
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

15. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Blog Entries
    One main difference between horns and antlers is that antlers can shed and regrow. Horns don't.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

17. Likes shemp liked this post