Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best NATO straps comparable to...

Best NATO straps comparable to...

Something within the quality of Omega & Tudor Natos. I know these are quite expensive trying to find similar quality in something a little less $. I tried both of these and they are great. Comfort, softness, not thin but not too thick or stiff either and certainly does not look like your typical 15 dollar Nato strap but I don't like owning say a Rolex on an Omega strap (just as an example) Yeah Im that anal I know some of you are with me on that one lol) I have a few Miltats that are decent quality but fairly stiff. I tried washing them , been on dives with them and even using fabric softener on them in my laundry nothing really made them much different. I wanted to find a nice summer one worthy of my GS Diver. What other Natos do you guys currently own that are a cut above the rest in comfort, looks or quality? Perhaps this thread can have some pics of your favorite NATO straps.

Check out the TimeFactors natos... best one I've ever worn (besides the omega or BP natos which are crazy expensive). The fabric and the hardware is great:

Second one on this page:

http://www.timefactors.com/natostraps.htm
    Joe

Omega / Rolex / Oris / Citizen / Seiko / Alpina / G Shock

I have no idea but I'd really like to see more higher quality NATO's even if it means the cost goes up. I have the Omega coated nylon NATO and while ridiculously expensive it's really nice. I won my fantasy football league and had some extra fun money otherwise I don't think I would have bought it.

Wow! With a sort of deployment clasp as well! Never seen these I will have to read up on these some more they look fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by jraul7 View Post
    Check out the TimeFactors natos... best one I've ever worn (besides the omega or BP natos which are crazy expensive). The fabric and the hardware is great:

Second one on this page:

http://www.timefactors.com/natostraps.htm
    I agree 100%, however I am not a fan of the new squared hardware. Wish he kept it OG.

If I wear Natos now they are only leather and usually shell cordovan, don't like most nylon ones.

But +1 for TimeFactors if you are going the fabric route. Very nice straps of excellent quality.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    I've never had a TImefactors or Omega/Tudor NATO, but I have been a massive fan of the Maratac straps. They only come in 20mm and 22mm, I believe, but they're high quality and 12", unlike most, which are 11", which means they fit my wrist better. Unfortunately, the designs are all business, so they only come in a few colors, mostly solids.

Crown and Buckles are 11", but they're comfortable and seem durable as well. They're definitely softer initially than the Maratacs.

I have a black NATO with PVD hardware from Crown and Buckle which is nice quality. I bought it because it is 19mm.
    There's nothing important to read here.

My other favorite natos are from Gnomon Watches in Singapore (they ship everywhere). Comfortable fabric, tons of colors and "normal" hardware (polished, matte and black pvd).

Joe

Omega / Rolex / Oris / Citizen / Seiko / Alpina / G Shock

Panatime. The canvas is on the thick side, which is good and bad.

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.