Have you ever had a real snake wrap itself around your wrist? If not, I urge you to do so. Really. It's a wonderful sensation. If you have, you will know exactly what I mean. It feels amazingly sensuous. Gentle, warm, almost fluid. And those were pretty much my first impressions when I tried on the pink gold Bulgari Serpenti Seduttori at Baselworld earlier in the year.* Visually, the design is a much more abstracted representation of a serpent than some of its predecessors (notably, the stunning enamel and gem-set versions of the 1960s some of which I have been lucky enough to try on my wrist over the years). However, the way it feels on the wrist makes it the most snake-like of the countless variations of Serpenti that Bulgari has produced over the past seven decades. This watch really is all about the bracelet in the best sense. The engineering that makes those hexagonal scales (links) feel as supple as a satin ribbon is testament to Bulgari's 135-year heritage as a jeweller. Each link has been designed with a very subtly convex surface and angled cutaway around the edges. Barely perceptible details but they are…

The post Temptation strikes with Bulgari's Serpenti Seduttori* appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...