8 50.00%
  • Glycine

6 37.50%
  • Seiko

1 6.25%
  • Citizen

1 6.25%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holiday in Italy, which watch should I take?

Holiday in Italy, which watch should I take?

Going to Italy (sunny Sicily, more specifically ) for a couple of days in mid-October, and I have this very serious problem with deciding which watch to take. This is where you come in with all IWL power and authority.

1. Hammy -- because it's so fun and cute and I can't get enough of wearing it. And probably misses Italy, where it came from.

Attachment 89200

2. Glycine -- because it's more robust, can track another time zone (the one hour difference can't be ignored), and the idea of travel/holiday watch (which was my excuse for the acquisition) is worth sticking to. And it came from Italy, too.

Attachment 84663

3. Seiko -- because it looks sharp, has a bracelet and it might well be the first SRP241 to ever set... erm... caseback on Sicilian soil.

Attachment 82088

4. Citizen -- because quartz, grab'n'go, easy time zone change, and the lightness of titanium. Plus it might be the first specimen of this JDM model to visit there, too.

Attachment 87203

Pics recycled.

Vote wisely, the result will be binding for me.

Edit: I see links instead of pics -- let me know if you can't see the pics after clicking.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by rodia77; Oct 4, 2019 at 07:39 PM.

2. Likes is that my watch, Strela167 liked this post
    would always say cheap and cheerful depending where you are going in Sicily but maybe it's change a lot since I visited as a kid but not sure for the better
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

4. Likes rodia77, ro63rto liked this post
    oh and the pics ant showing for me ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

6. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Fixed the pics, hopefully -- they still won't show inline but should be 'attached' at the bottom. No idea why the [attach] tag isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    Fixed the pics, hopefully -- they still won't show inline but should be 'attached' at the bottom. No idea why the [attach] tag isn't enough.
    yeah can see them at the bottom but not the top

think the seiko pretty dam cool mate

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

9. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Wear your best one - Italy deserves it.

For me, that would be the Hamilton, but feel free to transfer my vote if you have a different ‘best one’.

11. Likes rodia77, CFR, Strela167 liked this post
    Come with the cheapest one and go get a Panerai there

Anyway I’ll go to Italy again later this month and I think I’ll wear my JLC instead of my Panerai....

13. Likes rodia77, OhDark30, ctimrun liked this post
    I vote Citizen because...
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    ... quartz, grab'n'go, easy time zone change, and the lightness of titanium.
    ...^^^ That.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

15. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    I voted for the Hamilton, but because for no other reason than I just got one myself (#votinglogic ).The Glycine and Seiko very close 2nds.

17. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Hammy would be my choice. Simple but can be worn with anything, and I have a weakness for mechanicals over quartz.

19. Likes rodia77 liked this post